Unable to purchase data pass

I'm a Participant Level 3 lily002672
I'm a Participant Level 3

Unable to purchase data pass

I have a text & call plan and I need to buy the data pass. But when I tap the link www.fido.mobi/data through my phone the browser shows

"HTTP Status 404-/data

type Status report

message/data

description The requested resource (/data) is not available"

My cell phone is iphone se (unclock) and my cellular data is turning on. I taped the url when my phone was connected to wifi. If I need to turn the wifi off, I couldn't get access to any website at all cause there is no data in my phone plan.

Who can help me??

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to purchase data pass

Hey @QueenL!

Data passes are no longer available. To use data, you must change to a plan with data.

You can change plan via your Fido.ca account. Let us know if you have questions Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 93
I'm a Participant Level 2 bb16
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm having the same issue.

iPhone SE from FIDO, Talk and Text plan. Cellular data is ON (for MMS). With WiFi turned Off, Safari hangs for a minute and then says "Server stopped responding". With WiFi On, just says "WiFi detected, can't authenticate". Have tried few times over the last couple days. Have tried both by sending an SMS to 3282 and by opening a random web page.

Appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 93
I'm a Participant Level 1 cbats
I'm a Participant Level 1

Same issue here. I've been trying since Monday, spoke to a fellow over live chat about it, check every now and then to see if it works yet, nothing.

I've never bought a data pass before, but I did buy a travel plan with data earlier this year.

image.png

This is what the page looks like. (Incidentally, a friend tells me Virgin Mobile is also down? It's the beginning of the end, friends.)

Either way, would love to know of a solution.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 93

Hey @bb16 and @cbatsm 

I'll send you each a PM so we can take a look at this together. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 33 of 93
I'm a Participant Level 2 bb16

Hello,

After posting I tried again last night and it just worked. With WiFi off and Cellular Data on the page with data passes came up right away.

Thanks for fixing it!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 34 of 93
I'm a Contributor Level 1 jwaldr1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi @bb16,

Don't get too excited about it working just yet - my experience with this problem is that it works for awhile then it stops working again....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 35 of 93
I'm a Participant Level 3 zoli_s

I've been having the same issue for the past few weeks.  Spoke to a Fido support person over the phone and she told me they've been having lots of trouble, but she had no idea when the issue may be resolved.  The last post here was a month ago.  Fido, can you please resolve this!?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 36 of 93

Hey @zoli_s

Let's check your account together to see what's going on.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 37 of 93
I'm a Participant Level 2 paul-in-ottawa

A number of people in this thread have mentioned the iPhone SE, which is also what I have (and have been having trouble with, buying data passes). Is anyone having this trouble who doesn't have an iPhone SE?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 38 of 93

I have an LG G4.  My wife also has an LG.  Same problem.  I'd be willing to bet it's a system thing, not a phone thing.  Maybe Fido's trying to move people to talk, text and data plans?  If that's the case, I wish they'd just say so.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 39 of 93
Moderator (inactive) FidoRanya
Moderator (inactive)

It's not related to the type of device you're using @paul-in-ottawa @zoli_s !

We can look into this on our end, please let us know if you'd like us to send you a PM! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 40 of 93

Thanks, but I've already spoken to a couple people at the help-desk via chat and on the phone.  They didn't know what the issue was, and so couldn't fix it.  Given how long this has been an issue, it doesn't seem to me like fixing it is a priority for Fido.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 41 of 93
Moderator (inactive) FidoThomas
Moderator (inactive)

Some situations are out of our scope of knowledge! This is why we have a technical team ready to help. We would need to log this and open a ticket, a technician with the know-how will look into it Smiley

If this wasn't done, let us know and we'll send you a PM!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 42 of 93

I've spoken to two people in tech support about this--one through live chat and the other on the phone. neither was able to tell me what the issue was from Fido's end.  They also were unable to say when it may be fixed.  They both agreed that I'm not the only person who's asked them about this problem.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 43 of 93

I'm sure we can get that sorted out together! 

We'll send you a PM shortly so that we can take a look in your account!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 44 of 93
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 LV99

Hello

I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I've been able to buy data pass fromt the last 7 months without issues but since the last month when i text 3282 and i click on the link they send (www.fido.mobi/data) it just hangs for 30 seconds then redirects to rogers.mobi:8080/primary/data_confirm_page and then is says:

site cannot be reached

rogers.mobi took to long to respond

Before you asked yes the wifi is off and the data is on and i also turned the phone off and on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 45 of 93