Telemarketing call?

I'm a Participant Level 1 kimberlyhou
I'm a Participant Level 1

Telemarketing call?

Hi,

I've been receiving calls daily from the same number 1-844-277-6920. Sometimes 2-3 times a day for a week straight! When I answer, the caller hangs up. When I don't answer they leave voicemail where someone says hello? Then hangs up after. I have seen some posts saying this number is a scam pretending to be "Fido"? Is it Fido? How do I get it to stop?

Accepted Solution

Re: Telemarketing call?

Hey @A_Tang

Welcome to the Community! 

That number is our telemarketing team! Once you answer the call, you are redirected to a live rep!

If it triggers your voicemail, the automated system will kick-in and you might hear an incomplete message. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 49
I'm a Participant Level 1 DaveC

One of these calls came through last night, and I finally took it even though I was busy, as I didn't recognize the number.

They claimed to be Fido with a deal only available through that call. I stated I was busy and to send it via the website. That was refused...this deal was only through  that call. I asked to be dropped from the call list. I was told that might not be possible.

I don't know what the deal was, and I don't care.  Any Fido deal should be made available to me via my contact method of choice. If Rogers / Fido cannot abide by that, then I will vote with my wallet, as you do not value my business.

Annoying and ignoring the requests of existing customers is a poor method of retaining them. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 49
Highlighted

Hello @DaveC Smiley 

We would be happy to confirm that offer with you.

You can find the ways to reach us through our contact list here.

We can also send you a PM here if it's best for you. Let us know.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 49
I'm a Participant Level 1 CatMama

I’ve been getting the same call every day, but when I pick up the other line hangs up on me 😕 It’s now become incredibly annoying.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 49

Hello @CatMama

That's certainly not the experience we aim for! There's maybe a slight hiccup in the system since this happened multiple times to you. 

To review this, you can contact us through one of our customer service channels here or alternatively we can send you a PM through the Community. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 49 of 49