cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam or Real?

Jessayy
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I've been recievcing a phone call from a number listed as 1-833-xxx-2394 stating they're from fido/rogers loyalty department. They were offering me an internet plan, 500mbs down, unlimited data for around $45. She mentioned other great rates aswell for being a loyal customer. When asked if I could contact rogers/fido regarding this offer she stated that they probably wouldn't know as this department is different and that she can call me back if I was interested in it. 

Has anybody been offered such a deal for home internet for being a "loyal" customer? If a fido representative could clarify to whether this would be a fruad attempt or legitamate I would greatly appriciate it.

I have blocked out a portion of the number to prevent any victims if this is a fruad attempt.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoAnthonyZ

Hey @Jessayy,

It's possible that you may be contacted by loyalty departments to take advantage of an interesting offer and they can arrange callbacks. Though, the plan you mentioned doesn't seem to be a Fido offer considering that our fastest internet packpage is 150mbps down. 

Have you tried checking with Rogers? 

Jessayy

I have not, I will check with rogers thanks!