cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam or Real?

Jessayy
I'm a contributor level 1

I've been recievcing a phone call from a number listed as 1-833-xxx-2394 stating they're from fido/rogers loyalty department. They were offering me an internet plan, 500mbs down, unlimited data for around $45. She mentioned other great rates aswell for being a loyal customer. When asked if I could contact rogers/fido regarding this offer she stated that they probably wouldn't know as this department is different and that she can call me back if I was interested in it. 

Has anybody been offered such a deal for home internet for being a "loyal" customer? If a fido representative could clarify to whether this would be a fruad attempt or legitamate I would greatly appriciate it.

I have blocked out a portion of the number to prevent any victims if this is a fruad attempt.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoAnthonyZ

Hey @Jessayy,

It's possible that you may be contacted by loyalty departments to take advantage of an interesting offer and they can arrange callbacks. Though, the plan you mentioned doesn't seem to be a Fido offer considering that our fastest internet packpage is 150mbps down. 

Have you tried checking with Rogers? 

Jessayy

I have not, I will check with rogers thanks!

OrdSpecial
I'm a participant level 2

Hi @Jessayy  I just got the same phone call with exact same content (a little different on the offer) today.  Did you end up checking with Rogers?  Nowadays we can't tell scam or deal when there is no transparency at all even with big corporates like Rogers/Fido.  Please let me know what you found out. Much appreciated!

Hey @OrdSpecial! Did you get a chance to contact Rogers directly since your post? 

OrdSpecial

No, not bothered because I'm not planning to switch anyway. Most likely it was a scam because their number is a Rogers technical line but they claimed to be from loyalty department. Guess they just think whatever number shows Rogers would be convincing enough to scam. 

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Is-This-Phone-Number-Legitimate/td-p/490844