cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam warning

VictorTheTech
I'm a participant level 2

Just a heads up to everyone. I just received a very realistic phishing email claiming to be from Fido. If you get it DO NOT follow any links. Use the MyAccount app or go directly to Fidos website. 

Quick edit before someone asks. I use automatic payments. So the situation below is not possible. 

IMG_3226.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello VictorTheTech,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information! It's always good to be wary of potential SCAMS. However, I'm not sure that email is a SCAM. As far as I am aware, the Fido@e.Fido.ca email address does appear to be from Fido (see here). In addition, the link for payment shown also appears to be using the Fido.ca domain -- albeit it could be hiding a different link. Furthermore, the email does also suggest using the My Account app with no link attached. Scammers would not be able access any information if people use their own My Account app.

If you do not recognise the account listed, you might consider verifying whether that account has been fraudulently created using your information. You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to any account information. If you would like assistance with the matter, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

VictorTheTech

Thanks for the welcome. Or re-welcome I should say I spent a lot of time on here in the past before changes were made. 

Everything you said is indeed correct. Which is what makes that email so dangerous.  Again as I said I have no balance.  It's also the wrong address for Fidos billing email.  So it's indeed spoofed. All my other Fido bills have come from FidoBill@fidomobile.ca