Did you mean:Ā 

Ring Delay

I'm a participant level 3

Is there a way to increase the ring-time before it goes to voicemail . Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

BG88
I'm a participant level 2

Thank you for your reply. I know my voicemail forwarding number but doing the "dial *61*voicemail forwarding number**number of seconds#" step did not change the delay. It remained at the default setting.

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hey @BG88,

You have to make sure thre are no spaces and the seconds have to be either 5,10,15,20,25 or 30.

As mentioned above if it does not work you will need to contact customer support and they can do it on their end.

BG88

There were no spaces and I entered 30.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @BG88!

Since that didn't work, we'll extend it for you on our end.

I'm sending you a PM so we can get that done, see you there!

Kubda
I'm a contributor level 1

Why is a functioning version of this code being held like something TOP SECRET?  I've seen a couple of "solutions" but they are not revealed, or don't work, and ultimately they all involve  off-forum communication.  

It's a setting that should be simple (and ideally built into a phone's settings!)

Hello Kubda,

I replied to your other post here. Those codes are the old GSM Codes. As mentioned in my other thread, those codes don't necessarily work for everyone. The solution is not Top Secret, those codes just don't work in every phone. If the codes don't work in your phone, they will need to make the change on their side.

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers

CG47
I'm a participant level 1

Hi @FidoNick,

I tried the method by KAPABLE-K and it did not work. Can you do it for me too at your convenience and extend for 25s?

Thanks

Hey @CG47! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'll send you a PM via the community shortly.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Post,

Welcome to the community!

Try this:

On your phone's keypad

First dial *#61# this will show you your voicemail forwarding number

Then dial *61*voicemail forwarding number**number of seconds#

The number of seconds must one of these numbers: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 

Press SEND.

Ring time:  Number of rings:
10 seconds3 or 4
20 seconds4 or 5
30 seconds5 or 6

If this method does not work for you then you will need to contact customer service and have them do it on their end. You can reach out to them through any of the available methods listed here.

Andrew411

If this was a solution in 2019, now, in 2023 DO NOT TRY THIS!! Execute this code as suggested above and you'll end up with people being prompted to setup the voicemail sevice instead of being able to leave a message. It will mess everything up and you will not be able to recover from the mess on your own. To get your voicemail to work again as it should, you will have to contact customer service and the fix will be for them to reset your voicemail. You will then have to set it up again (passcode, greetings, etc) and you'll lose any saved messages you might have had.  Stuff I went through 5 min ago. So yeah, thanks!

Thank you @Andrew411 . We'll be updating the solution to reflect the changes.

To clarify, a code is no longer required to extend how many times the phone rings before your call is forwarded to voicemail.

As you've mentioned you will need to contact our customer service channels and simply request to add a feature we call Voicemail Ring Extension. This option is free of charge Smiley

Please note that this feature can also be added to your existing voicemail service and will not affect it in any way, other than extending it up to 6 rings (30 seconds) before a call is sent to the voicemail. Meaning that agents don't need to reset your voicemail and you won't need to reconfigure it.

Hope this helps! 

Kubda

the code for finding the voicemail forwarding number didn't work.

Why doesn't the voicemail number just display any more, like it used to.  I had it entered into my contacts and it was handy when there were problems.