Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM

Safa2
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi, 

Can FIDO issue a replacement sim card for a lost one to anyone I nominate due to me being out of the country and thus cannot obtain it in person or receive it through my Canadian address?

Thanks,  in anticipation. 

Safa

4 REPLIES 4

Safa2

Thanks Anthony for your reply. In fact I know the information you indicated in your reply and unfrtunately it deos not address the question I placed. I am asking if FIDO can.... (well let me repeat the question here)

"Can FIDO issue a replacement sim card for a lost one to anyone I nominate due to me being out of the country and thus cannot obtain it in person or receive it through my Canadian address?".

Hello Safa2,

In addition to what FidoAnthony and FidoPhilippe have mentioned, you should note that the new SIM card would not yet be associated with your account. That's why anyone can purchase a SIM from a store. Once received, you would need to update your SIM card to the new one. Since your old SIM is lost, you would need to contact customer service to update your SIM. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey @Safa2! Philippe here.

To clarify what Anthony posted, we can send the SIM card to an alternate address if needed. That means you can send one to whomever you wish, though we always recommend it be sent to the address on the account to prevent fraud. Alternatively, anyone can purchase a SIM card at one of our stores.

I hope this helps!

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @Safa2,

You can definitely purchase a new SIM. You would need to have it shipped to a Canadian address though.