cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Network Issues - Calgary

adatta
I'm a participant level 3

For the last few days my phone (Pixel 3) seems to be having problems connecting to the mobile network. Typically I am on Wifi at home and when I go it struggles finding a mobile connection. Normally I have LTE+ status, but lately it goes to 3G or H+ or even no connection at all. I live in downtown Calgary and NetworkAid doesn't show any network issues. Is there anything I can do? 

9 REPLIES 9

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @adatta!

I'm sorry to hear that you seem to be having issue with our service. 

I have a few questions for you: 

• Have your turned your airplane mode on and off?
  • Have you taken a look to see if the right network is selected?
  • Have you reset the network settings?

Let us know!

adatta

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the following:

Power Cycling the Phone 

Reset Network Settings in Android

Cycling Airplane Mode

Ensured LTE is selected as the preferred network type in Android.

The current Fido settings I have in Android is:

fido_ca-14000000030.21

Thank you for getting back to us!

Has this always happened or has this only been recently?

adatta

It has only been recently in the last 2 weeks. 

Hi @adatta

If you're using an unlocked phone on our network, you'd need to make sure the correct APN settings are selected.

You can find the steps to configure an unlocked device here.

Otherwise, the best thing to do would be for us to reset your network connection from our end.

In order to do that, we'll need access to your account.

You can contact us through any of our customer service channels to proceed.

Alternatively, we can also send you a PM through the Community. Smiley

Let us know!

adatta

Just an update. I did contact support through the Fido.ca chat and they did a network reset from their end. It didn't seem to solve the problem. He suggested I contact 611 for technical support which I am currently doing. The issue is still present. Walking for 30min in downtown Calgary I wasn't able to hold a constant connection. The signal strength indicator kept bouncing back between LTE and LTE+ and eventually had an "x" through the signal strength indication for the rest of my walk home.

Hey @adatta, were you able to get in touch with technical support? What did they say? 

adatta

I thought I'd update this just to let you know what is happening with this saga (lol). Unfortunately technical support wasn't able to provide a solution. I ended up sending in the phone for repair under warranty as suggested by the Fido rep at the store. That process took over a month, and they ended up replacing my phone. I ended up buying a backup phone as the loaner I was provided with was so old and laggy I couldn't answer calls. Eventually the new replacement phone came back. It performed well for about a week until a different issue popped up. The bottom half of the screen would start flickering constantly after some use. It would flicker green with some ghosting of the top screen. As it was still under th 90 day warranty from the repair centre (my Google warranty is now expired) I sent it back in. Now the repair centre has sent the phone back stating that it wasn't repairable or nothing is wrong and now I may get charged a repair fee. If they send the same phone back I'll just be sending the phone back for repair (I even have a video of the issue, and the Fido store rep witnessed it). Hopefully my patience pays off. 

Hey @adatta! Philippe here. I hope you and your familly are doing well. Smiley

Thanks for the update, although I'm sad to read that this is still ongoing for you. I certainly hope it pays off for you as well.