Huge Phone bills due to long distance calls

I'm a Participant Level 1

I have been using Fido service for quite some time. I have an add-on pack for 1000 international minutes, which I never avail entirely every month. I usually use about 300 -400 minutes every month

I was really shocked to see long distance overcharges of $ 452.17 last month. Usually, warning messages are sent whenever we cross the data limit. So, I was under the impression that I would be notified if I cross international calling limit. I did not receive single warning message. Finally, I received a bill through a link stating 'overcharged payment' once after the billing cycle is completed.

The calls were made to the near and dear ones as there were some emergencies due to this pandemic. Its a mistake on my end as i have to call to my Fiancee as her father was affected by Covid. I had to make these calls to my family and the doctors and did not look about the usage due to the stress.

I hope whoever reading this can understand my situation. The bill amount is equal to my one year's phone bill and am not in a position to pay it now due to this pandemic. i am a loyal customer to Fido and have all my accounts (Phone , Internet etc) in Fido for many years

I called fido customer service to get some help but they said they can’t waive or reduce the amount. They said they can arrange some payment plans. So Is there any way I can request Fido to reduce the amount? Customer service told me to contact the billing section but even there no help. I’m so helpless now.

Please any help is valuable. I have 10 more days for the billing date. Please let me know what I should do now. I’m very depressed now, don’t know what to do.

I am a long time customer to FIDO and our association goes years back. so its these testing times that both the company and customer must support each other.

we have been loyal customers for so long and dont think its fair to charge so much for a single mistake.

Hope to get a positive response and continue our association.

Thanks
Your Loyal customer

1 REPLY 1

Hey @KM16,

Welcome to the community! 

We understand your concerns, having a higher than usual invoice is never a pleasant surprise, especially during this pandemic. 

It's important to note that text message alerts are only sent for airtime minutes (on non-unlimited plans) and data and don't apply to any other service. However, you do have the possibility to stay on top of your 1000 international minutes usage through My Account directly! You can track the usage through there at any time to make sure that you don't go over and avoid overages. 

This being said, when it comes to legitimate charges, we are not able to reverse or credit them. We will be happy to take a second look into your account. To do so, you can reach out to us at these channels or we can send you a PM here if you prefer.