How to remove Data top-ups

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 Mcbxo
I'm a Participant Level 1

How to remove Data top-ups

I added 2 Data top up Add ons couple months ago and I see I'm still being charged for them and I cant figure out how to remove them off my plan. Ive gone to change my plan on the Fiso app and site and only lets me do changes to my actual plan, not the add ons. I'm being charged an extra $50 a month and don't want it. 

Now currently on hold with a wait time of 48 mins to hour and 13 mins with Fido, anyone know how to remove Add one?

Accepted Solution

Re: How to remove Data top-ups

Hi @Mcbxo & welcome to the Community!

To cancel your data top-ups, you'll need to text the word CANCEL to the number 222.

Hope this helps. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 38
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi @Mcbxo & welcome to the Community!

To cancel your data top-ups, you'll need to text the word CANCEL to the number 222.

Hope this helps. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 38
I'm a Participant Level 1 Adela123

Hello. I added a monthly data top-up in January, 2018 because some issues I needed it at that time. The Fido text said that I can cancel it anytime, but then when I want to cancel the top-up from Febrary, it has never been succeed. 

I tried several times by text or callling to customer sevice, the top-up is still on my bill and it still charges me this month......Is there any way to stop it directly? Thank you for help. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 38

Hey @Adela123

Welcome to the Community!

To cancel a Data Top Up you have to send the word CANCEL to the number 222 from your device

You can view all the info regarding this here. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 38
I'm a Participant Level 2 teresa3
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have the same issue.  I added a monthly data top-up by mistatke in February, and each and every month since then, I have to call to have the charge taken off my bill.

I can't cancel by texting cancel to 222 because it says I do not have extra data to cancel.

I see it is still listed on my account as an extra, so I will have to call again when the June bill comes out.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 38

Hey @teresa3,

This really shouldn't be happening, so sorry that you've had this experience!

Don't worry though, help's on the way! I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at the account and have this solved asap Smiley

Talk soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 38
I'm a Participant Level 1 Lin_

I also have the same problem, I would like to cancel the top-ups but when I send cancel to 222 it shows 'your request didn't go through. We are not sure what happened.' And I cannot cancel the top-ups through fido.ca in my account. But it stills exists on my bill every month. What's wrong with that?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 38

Hey Lin_!

Let's check out what might be causing that together. 

We'll send you a PM shortly!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 38
I'm a Participant Level 1 woodenmango

Hello,

I am having this problem also. I called support arround march or april to have it removed, I also I texted 222 on May 22 to remove my Data top-up  and it said it was successful but I am still being charged. Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 38

hey @woodenmango,

Let have a look at your account, sending you a DM. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 38
I'm a Participant Level 1 xiaosong

Same issue for me, I added a monthly top up in March.  I also called and texted message, but the extra bill still in my account every month.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 38

Hey @xiaosong,

We're here to help and sort this out together Smiley

Sending you a PM to access your account and look into it!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 38
I'm a Participant Level 2 Jester33

I am having the same issue. Texting CANCEL to 222 did not work. Nor did calling customer service. I used live chat and they told me the top-up is still on my account. I asked if they could remove the top-up as I now do not trust the text feature to cancel services. They said no! I am very upset with fido's services. FIDO FIX THIS!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 38
Moderator (inactive) FidoThomas
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @Jester33

I get your frustration, rest assured that you're at the right place for help Smiley

To request the cancellation of a data top-up, you indeed need to go through the 222. You will receive a confirmation that it was removed successfully, that is your proof that you have correctly submitted the request! 

In a situation were it is not removed by the system, we would need to open a ticket to have this investigated by our technical team.

I'll send you a PM to look at this more closely Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 38
I'm a Participant Level 2 Jester33

Texting 222 did not work in my case. My billing cycle ends on the 5th of every month. I have a record of texting CANCEL to 222 on July 20th. We are now in Sept and the top-up is still being charged. I texted 222 again on August 11th and it said it was already removed. I called customer service and they told me they removed it. I no longer trust the text or customer service to remove it for me. Is calling customer service still my only option?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 38