Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Do not trust Fido Refer a Friend Program. will be denied

Wangdawei1117
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

Do not trust  Fido Refer a Friend Program. because they will find excuses to deny your request and not telling you.

I was referred by a friend in Nov 2020 and then I referred to another friend,  no one received the credit and any response from fido. so I contacted fido via online chat and their referral program support and was told those were denied because we put the wrong phone number when do referering. that is ridiculous! because we ported from public mobile so fido assigned us temporary phone numbers when activating fido and fido's agent in the mobile shop put those temporary numbers when applying, not us. so not our fault.  the truth is we did refer friends to fido, now fido denied it. I even received an email from Fido saying I successfully referred my friend and now Fido does not want to admit it? so my feeling is Fido attracted us to refer friends and ported from other telephone companies to fido and now would not apply the bonus. I will fill a consumer complaint to the consumer complaint department later.

So, everyone, just my opinion, doesn't trust this Fido Refer a Friend Program. because they would deny it and you will feel bad and it will make it as you cheat on your friends.

15 REPLIES 15

karman1102

Same!

I was referred by my friend and then referred another friend in the very same month. Tried contacting the refer-a-friend team. It has been 6 months now and I have not received a credit. 

In my last conversation, they said I'd receive a call from the Fido outbound team after explaining all my details and I am yet to receive one after 2 months. I'm surprised to see this level of customer service in Canada, especially from a leading carrier. Refer to the screenshot below if you don't believe me 

karman1102_0-1675326003583.png

Silveroo
I'm a contributor level 1

You may be interested in the referral program of another company instead?

Silveroo

Rules for Referrers

ā€¢ You must be an active Fido postpaid customer with an eligible Data, Talk and Text or Talk and Text plan, and your account must be in in good standing for 30 days to earn rewards for your referrals.
ā€¢ You need to sign up for Fido Refer A Friend Program by submitting your email address (this will also be your user ID), your name, your Fido mobile number and accepting the Program Terms and Conditions of the below.
ā€¢ You cannot refer yourself. Please see the Program Terms and Conditions below.

Silveroo

Rules for Referees

ā€¢ Unlock your Fido Refer A Friend offer with your email address (this will also be your user ID) and accept the Program Terms and Conditions below within 45 days of receiving the referral.
ā€¢ Activate an eligible in-market Data, Talk and Text or Talk and Text postpaid plan. You must be a new Fido mobile customer activating a new Fido mobile number. The new Fido mobile number cannot be added to the Referrerā€™s Fido account.
ā€¢ Come back to fidoca/refer  following the activation and provide us your new Fido mobile number within 45 days of unlocking your Fido Refer A Friend offer so that we can verify your new Fido mobile account.

Silveroo

I just wish Fido's Referral Program worked better.

From their online instructions:

'Those whoā€™ve referred a friend can easily check the status of all their referrals. Simply visit fido dot ca/refer and select Check status."

Hello Karman1102,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you have had issues with the Refer a Friend program. As FidoVan notes below, we are unfortunately not able to assist with specific matters. You would need to contact customer services as suggested.

That said, were you aware of the eligibility requirements? You can view the Terms & Conditions for the program.

@karman1102 wrote:

...I was referred by my friend and then referred another friend in the very same month....

Perhaps I may have misunderstood, but did you attempt to refer your other friend or were they referred by the same friend who referred you? If you attempted to refer that new friend, I don't think you would have been eligible to do so. To be eligible to be a referrer, your account must be in good standing for 30 days. If you attempted to refer a friend in the very same month, your account would not have been opened for the minimum required number of days.

In addition, is it possible your friend was also ineligible to refer you because of when they opened their account?

As well, when you came to Fido, did you port your number from another provider? If you did, had you submitted your temporary Fido number for the referral process?

Had you opened your account before unlocking the Refer a Friend offer? You can view other FAQ regarding the program here.

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers

Hey there @karman1102 and welcome to the Community!

We're really sorry to read about your situation. Please note this is a platform where other Fido users may learn and help each other about different inquiries and topics. In order for us to assist you and access your account, we will need you to reach our customer service. You can find teh different ways for oyu to reach us out here.

We hope to talk/chat with you soon!

Rsubnarain
I'm a participant level 1

I am currently going through the same situation. I referred a friend that was with Bell for 12 years. He finally listened to me, I also explained that we would each get 1 month free service if I refer him. He agreed, I went to the website punched in my code, went through the process of setting him up, they gave him a temporary phone # and we later ported his # through when he received the phone. Now 2 months later I haven't heard of seen anything from Fido so I reached out to customer service. They then took about 2 weeks "investigating" only to come back with some bogus excuse that I wasnt eligible because my friend was signed up as a referrer ? And I can't refer a referrer. I have no idea how that makes any sense I am absolutely livid. I have been with Fido for years and have never had issues with them at all but that referral support team just looks for ways to not reward a loyal fido customer that refers a friend. Therefore I will not be referring anyone else as this to me is just a scam to get people to have others sign up. Shame on you Fido.

Hi @Rsubnarain,

We'd like to take a closer look at this to see what happened. I am sending you a PM to get started. 

Talk soon. 

Wangdawei1117

Thanks, @FidoPhilippe  and everyone else, problem solved.

Jsam

Hi @Wangdawei1117, how was your problem resolved? Having the same issue right now.

Star77

Me too! Have contacted them twice, and get the same reply... "we are looking into this". It has been 6 months!!! not a happy customer... is Fido another scam artist?

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Wangdawei1117

I am sorry to see you had any kind of complications with this offer. To better be able to review the exact details with you, we'd need to access the account. You can usually contact us through any of the available options found on our Contact Page to reach out so we can review this with you. 

In this case though, I'll send you a PM from here so we can check it out together. 

Star77

I have had this exact response from Fido, and they still have not acted upon it. Have given all the details to or accounts from back in February... emailed them 3 times, and still " we are looking into " ..... think I will be taking this to socail media .. thought Fido was actually a half decent compqny!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Star77!

We're sad to read you haven't gotten the referral credit yet, and our teams would love to look into it!

Can you please reach out to customer care? We have a new process in place for looking into these so it would need to be escalated via care.

Thanks!