Change primary account holder

SOLVED
tatianaalreef
I'm a Participant Level 1

Change primary account holder

Hello

I am not the account holder, it is under the name of another person

I want separate bills, and my bill to be under my name

How can i transfer the account primary holder? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Change primary account holder

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Tatianalreef,

Welcome to the community!

In order to become the primary account holder, you would need to request a transfer of responsibility (TOR) from the current account holder. You should note that you would like be require to undergo a credit check prior to transfer approval. In addition, you should also note that there is a fee for the TOR (see here).

Are you currently financing a device? Unfortunately, it might not be possible to TOR a financed device (see here). If your device is still under contract, the remaining balance would likely be charged to the existing account holder.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Tatianalreef,

Welcome to the community!

In order to become the primary account holder, you would need to request a transfer of responsibility (TOR) from the current account holder. You should note that you would like be require to undergo a credit check prior to transfer approval. In addition, you should also note that there is a fee for the TOR (see here).

Are you currently financing a device? Unfortunately, it might not be possible to TOR a financed device (see here). If your device is still under contract, the remaining balance would likely be charged to the existing account holder.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers