I'm a participant level 1

hi there i wanna change my number can you please di it for me thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Aliyah_

No option shows up for me when I sign in for "change my number"

Hey @Aliyah_,

It's important to note that this change can only be performed from the account holder profile. 

If your fido.ca profile is only a subscriber profile, you won't be able to make this change.

If you are indeed the account holder, but your profile doesn't reflect that, you can reach customer service and they can help you update your fido.ca profile! 

ju15
I'm a participant level 2

I am trying to change my number, but some error occured. How I can solve this problem?

OH-OH!
Some error occurred. Please try again later.

L_and_M

I am having the same error !!!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @L_and_M!

This error can occur if ever you're changing number and have a plan that's not eligible under the new number you're taking. It can also be caused by other factors.

We'll need to investigate. Please reach out to customer care.

Thanks! 

Hey @ju15

Welcome to the Community!

Did you try a different browser? If so, do you face the same situation?

Can you also clarify if you're changing for a number within the same province or a different province? If it's the latter, the error possible pops-up due to the plan's incompatibility with the new number. You would need to change your plan first. You can reach out to us through or Social Media channels to double-check if that is the case or we can send you a PM right here.

ju15

I tried in a different browser and didnt work. 

I did my number last week, the area code is 873 but I am living in Ottawa and the area code here is 613 or 343. I don't know why the number comes with 873. I wanna change for a area code from Ottawa. I don't know why my plan would be incompatible if I did the plan in Ottawa. 

Hello Ju15,

Welcome to the community!

The fact that you're trying to change your phone number to an area code which is outside of your current phone number's Province is likely the reason you are now receiving that error.

If you purchased your plan in Ottawa and/or changed your phone number in Ottawa, I'm not sure how you were able to get a Quebec phone number. If it is a new plan and you purchased it online, did you verify to which Province you had selected?

Since you're trying to change your phone number to a different Province, it's likely because the plan is not compatible with Ontario phone numbers. To change your phone number to an Ontario number, you'll also have to change your plan to one available in Ontario. The system doesn't seem to allow both changes to be done at the same time. You'll have to contact customer service so that they can access your account and make the change for you. Alternatively, you  might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoFaiza

Hi @navd,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

A $35 charge applies for changing your phone number but it is free is you do it online on fido.ca. 

You can do so by logging into My Account on Fido.ca. Click on Services tab and the option Change My Number appears right underneath. 

Find more information here

I hope this helps!

SHERIFMORSI

I clicked on services and the only option I have is "Mobile". I tried all the links you provided and looked it up on Google but couldn't find anything.

Where is the link that guides me to change the phone number? My balance is in good standing!

Hey @SHERIFMORSI

Here are the steps you should follow: 

1. Sign into your Fido My Account.

2. Select the wireless number you want to change.

3. Select Change My Number.

4. Select the Province and City for the number, then click FIND AVAILABLE NUMBERS.

5. You'll be given a list of numbers to choose from. Choose one, then click Select Number. Follow the on screen prompts to complete the phone number change process.

Hope this helps. Smiley