Cancel The Account

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Cancel The Account

Hi, this is Jack and I am wondering about the way to shut the account down as I already left Canada. Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: Cancel the account

Hi there @jjkk9

Thanks for reaching out!

Whenever you wish to cancel your Fido account, you must get in touch with our Customer Service Smiley

You can do so by dialing *611 from your Fido phone while in Canada, or +1-514-925-4590 if you're outside of Canada. Our Call Cenre agents are available Monday to Friday: 8am to 9pm, and Saturday and Sunday, from 9am to 5pm (ET). You can also reach us from a landline, if you have technical difficulties with your Fido. We also accept collect calls. 

You can also LiveChat with a representative through Fido.ca, and view the other "Contact Methods" by clicking here We're also availble to reach through Messenger, on our Facebook Page, or by Direct Message on Twitter. If you'd rather do this with me online here, let me know and we'll contact you by PM Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 23
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

Re: Cancel The Account

Please correct your information regarding cancelling an account via chat - after some rude exchanges and a defective secureID form I am told cancellations cannot be done though chat.

I have a tablet plan along with my phone plan. I do not use the tablet so I would like to cancel it. It makes no sense to keep it.

I cannot phone as I am at work during your business hours.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 23
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Edo42!

That doesn't sound right. Live chat agents are able to perform most transactions including closing a line. Did they give you a reason for which they were unable to make the change for you?

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 23
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello there @Edo42 !

We haven't heard back from you. Let us know if you still need help cancelling your account!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 23
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello, I returned to my countey and I need to cancel or close my account. Could you please help me with it?

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 23
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @Andy21

Welcome to Community!

I have moved your post in this thread as it responds to your query. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 23
Highlighted

I have tried for days to talk with someone. Impossible. Fido uses it contacts asa maze within a loop.  Cancel my account. I am leaving for an extended amount of time.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 23
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hello @John-Atlee

Sorry to hear you want to cancel your account, but we understand that you are leaving and it needs to be done. The Accepted Solution in this thread explains how the cancellation can be done. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 23
Highlighted

Hi there,

I will leave Canada by the end of September and so I have to cancel my phone plan. Can you please tell me how to do that or PM me? 

Highly appreciated!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 23
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @JessyS

Welcome to the Community. 

I moved your post in this thread as it deals with the same topic. Sending you a PM to help you with the cancellation. 

Thanks. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 23
Highlighted

Re: Please terminate my accounts

Yr service has been more than atrocious especially so over at least the last week. I took screen shots.  I couldn't access my free data, owing to yr systems being down for more than the weekend!  Consequently,  I burned through gigs of my own data.  

For my home internet, independent testing of your data speed  demonstrated that I am getting one fifth of the speed I am paying  for. 

So, please consider this yr sufficient authority to terminate my accounts with  u. Please use the credit card on file to pay the outstanding balance on my phone.  Finally, where may I drop yr modem off at...

Thanks,

James  Harris 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 23