cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel The Account

jjkk9
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, this is Jack and I am wondering about the way to shut the account down as I already left Canada. Thank you

37 REPLIES 37

JessyS
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there,

I will leave Canada by the end of September and so I have to cancel my phone plan. Can you please tell me how to do that or PM me? 

Highly appreciated!

Hi @JessyS

Welcome to the Community. 

I moved your post in this thread as it deals with the same topic. Sending you a PM to help you with the cancellation. 

Thanks. 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Edo42!

That doesn't sound right. Live chat agents are able to perform most transactions including closing a line. Did they give you a reason for which they were unable to make the change for you?

Let us know!

OMu

Cthis advise is useless. No one answers the phone. No one texts. Can I get real contact pleas

Linabsharat

I have the same problem and need to cancel my account since sept 1st and no answer 

useless apps useless website useless live chat and useless information on the web 

if you have any solutions please let me know 

thanks 

trustedprotege
I'm a contributor level 1

I've been having the same issue, its impossible to contact support... I lost 25 minutes on my monthly plan trying to get a hold of support and now im left with 20 minutes... they're trying to pull a fast one to overcharge customers by actively lying about wait times and removing the call back service...

isjimmyd

Yr service has been more than atrocious especially so over at least the last week. I took screen shots.  I couldn't access my free data, owing to yr systems being down for more than the weekend!  Consequently,  I burned through gigs of my own data.  

For my home internet, independent testing of your data speed  demonstrated that I am getting one fifth of the speed I am paying  for. 

So, please consider this yr sufficient authority to terminate my accounts with  u. Please use the credit card on file to pay the outstanding balance on my phone.  Finally, where may I drop yr modem off at...

Thanks,

James  Harris 

Hello @isjimmyd,

Welcome to the community!

In order to discuss cancelling your account, you can contact us using these methods, or if you wish, we can send you a PM here.

Hey there @trustedprotege

I'm sorry to hear you're looking to cancel your account. The good news is that calling us from your Fido phone does not use up airtime from your plan. 

I'll send you a PM so we can go over your options together Smiley 

Chat soon!

Linabsharat

Hi dear 

I need to cancel my account since September 1st 

and no answer from Fido on 611 or live chat :thought_balloon: please let me know how can I get help on that issue and if they answered you on live chat or not 

thanks a lot 

and sorry I am writing hear as I am straggling to find a way to contact Fido 

thanks again 

Hey there @Linabsharat !

As @NaliniR mentioned, you should be able to call customer service without an issue.

If you prefer, you can also use any of the channels listed here. Smiley

I've replied to your PM though, so we can continue there if you prefer!

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Linabsharat,

Welcome to the Fido community!

Calling *611 during regular business hours works just fine Fido even has a call back system that you can enter your phone number and they will call you back when it is your turn instead of waiting on hold.

trustedprotege

That is a LIEEEEEEE I tried calling fido yesterday using 611 after 5pm (I have so called unlimited talking after 5pm)  and now my account shows that i've gone over my minutes by 21 minutes..... LIAR

jjkk9

Thank you for your response.

In addiction to the previous post, I would like to report that the livechat does not work. Can you link it to me?

Thank you.

Linabsharat

Nothing works in Fido 

I have the same problem trying to contact them since Forst week of September to cancel my account and no reply till now 

They have unprofessional service 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

What happens exactly when you try to access the Live Chat @jjkk9

In order to access the Live Chat, you need to login to your fido.ca account. You can also try this link here

Let me know if you have any other questions Smiley .

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi there @jjkk9

Thanks for reaching out!

Whenever you wish to cancel your Fido account, you must get in touch with our Customer Service Smiley

You can do so by dialing *611 from your Fido phone while in Canada, or +1-514-925-4590 if you're outside of Canada. Our Call Cenre agents are available Monday to Friday: 8am to 9pm, and Saturday and Sunday, from 9am to 5pm (ET). You can also reach us from a landline, if you have technical difficulties with your Fido. We also accept collect calls. 

You can also LiveChat with a representative through Fido.ca, and view the other "Contact Methods" by clicking here We're also availble to reach through Messenger, on our Facebook Page, or by Direct Message on Twitter. If you'd rather do this with me online here, let me know and we'll contact you by PM Smiley