BY THE MINUTE plan gone?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 bn880
I'm a Participant Level 2

BY THE MINUTE plan gone?

Hi, I can no longer find reference to the by the minuite plan on the website, what's the deal?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: BY THE MINUTE plan gone?

Hi @bn880 & welcome to the Community!

Starting February 1, 2018, Prepaid customers on the By the Minute will be migrated to our new $10 By the Month plan. This plan comes with 50 minutes and 50 text messages. This price plan will offer more value to customers for their monthly top-up. A few things to note:

• The migration will only affect customers who top-up with $10 per month on the By the Minute plan.
  • Your plan will not change if you regularly top-up with an amount greater than $10.
  • If you’re using the By the Minute plan with a data add-on, you won’t be migrated to the new $10 By the Month plan.

Hope this helps. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 48
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi @bn880 & welcome to the Community!

Starting February 1, 2018, Prepaid customers on the By the Minute will be migrated to our new $10 By the Month plan. This plan comes with 50 minutes and 50 text messages. This price plan will offer more value to customers for their monthly top-up. A few things to note:

• The migration will only affect customers who top-up with $10 per month on the By the Minute plan.
  • Your plan will not change if you regularly top-up with an amount greater than $10.
  • If you’re using the By the Minute plan with a data add-on, you won’t be migrated to the new $10 By the Month plan.

Hope this helps. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 48
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 bn880
I'm a Participant Level 2

What if I normally top up with $100 when my balance is about to expire?  Will my plan remain on by the minute?

Also, can I register another phone on by the minute before Feb 1st?  Can a new customer do the same?

($10.75 per month is not a better value for my parents, or an emergency only cell, it's a worse value - higher cost in that case)

Edit: additionally, when were you going to inform your customers of this change? Especially those on pre-paid?

Thank you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 48
Highlighted
Former Moderator

@bn880 If your balance expires 1 month after the migration start date, you will not be migrated. This includes: 

• $100 top-ups made prior to the SMS being sent out

New customers can no longer get the by-the-minute plan. As for how we're informing our customers, affected customers are being sent an SMS. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 48
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 mac2012
I'm a Contributor Level 1

So what you are saying is anyone not wanting to be ported to the "new plan" should fork over more than the $10.00 per month they have been budgeting for so that they can continue to use the phone the way they want to instead of being force to accept the way you think it should be worked.

So instead of someone using it for emergencies and saving up a value on their account for special occation, oddly like the one we just had, you think people should go without a meal or two so they can spend more money on their account so they can use it the way they want to.

No really "man's best friend" now are you?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 48
Highlighted
Former Moderator

@mac2012 I've answered your PM.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 48
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 GLinc
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello...Last week on December 27th I received the text from Fido about this change.

My question is what happens to my existing "By the Minute" balance on Feb 1st...I currently have over $86...am I going to lose that when this new "By the Month Plan Starts??

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 48
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey GLinc!

Welcome to the Community!

You do not need to worry about your existing balance. Any existing balance will remain on your account when you are migrated to the new $10 plan.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 48
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 iceey_blu
I'm a Participant Level 1

I currently pay $10 per month for a prepaid by the minute plan. I refill $10 each month and pay 30 cents per minute only if I use the phone. I have not gotten any notification from Fido, but heard from a friend that Fido is changing this plan in Feb 2018. Will the change apply to my plan, and what will the changes be? I currently have an accumulated balance of $189 on my account, and my account says it doesn't expire until Feb 7th (date of my next automatic refill). What will happen to my accumulated balance if my plan gets changed?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 48
Highlighted
MVP Prospect
MVP Prospect

Hi @iceey_blu Welcome to the Community:smileyhappy: you will need to migrated your plan here are the info provided by @FidoMaria sorry I did not know how to link her response otherwise then paste it here for you 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 48