cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International LD minutes

speederpro
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have 1000 International LD minutes included in my mobile plan. I occasionally make international LD calls. Maybe once per month or per two months and it is always a very short conversation (maybe 30 second long). Fido had been billing me for 2 minutes and say I went over my LD minutes. I'm baffle on how I gone over my LD minutes. My last support call with Fido helpful support personnel mention I have 101 minutes voice call and that I went over 2 minutes in LD. It's very difficult math that I'm struggling to understand. Maybe this forum can help explain out more clearly for me. Is there a way to fix this so that I don't keep getting bill the extra 2 minutes?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Speederpro,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear there may have been a misunderstanding regarding those promotional 1000 International minutes. Are you aware those minutes are only to certain Countries? You can view the included Countries for the promotional add-on here. As far as I am aware, the list of included Countries should have also been provided with the confirmation provided when you signed up for services or changes made. Is it possible your calls were made to a Country which is not included with that particular add-on?

In addition, you should note that local and long-distance calls are rounded up to the next full minute (see Terms of Service; section 4g). So two short calls of 30 seconds each would be considered two minutes.

If you regularly make calls to Countries not included in that add-on, Fido also offers a Preferred International Rate add-on (see here under Calling).

You should also note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider verifying those details with customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers