cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random past due balance on my Fido Internet Account

Alan2021
I'm a Participant Level 3

So I got the standard "your payment is due" email and I logged into my account to pay and for some reason there is a message that says "You have a past due balance that is subject to daily interest charges." even though I pay in full as soon as I get the email notification (well in advance of when it's due).  I paid the monthly amount due in full as I do every month and my balance shows as $0.00 (payment isn't due until December 12th or something like that) but underneath my current balance of $0.00, there is a message that says "Past due $4.52 of total balance.  Payment not required" and this mysterious past due balance does not show up on any of my invoices.

11 REPLIES 11

Randowow
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello, 

I am also seeing the message "You have a past due balance that is subject to daily interest ccharges" however it's showing my total balance owing is $0. Can anyone advise if/when this will be fixed? Will I actually owe anything?

Hey @Dinel and @Randowow,

We apologize for this inconvenience. We are aware of this, and we can assure you that our support groups are working on the resolution.

To clarify though, this is a display discrepancy only. If your total due amount is $0, there's no past due balance and you can ignore the message.

Cheers!

Dinel

I called Fido in October regarding this random message saying I have a past due amount to pay and they said they have a technical issue they are trying to fix. However, after one month (Nov 27 today) , nothing has been done. I still see the message and my payment history does not include the payments I made after June 2021. I am concerned, as Fido never acknowledged in an email that they have a problem. I will call Fido and request something in writing from them to demonstrate I did my due dilligence in dealing with this. I am upset they never emailed the customers to apologize for this issue. It has taken a long time and the message is still there.

Alan2021

My account balance is $0.00 but your system is still saying that I have money due to you that is subject to daily interest charges.

Alan2021_0-1637776619139.png

A1105

Hi Alan, 

I am also experiencing a similar situation where amount due (balance) shows as $0.00. However,  it still says that there is an amount past due.  No amount is mentioned.  The weird thing is that my payment history shows only as far as May 2021 and I have payment confirmation for each period till date. Something doesn't sit right. 

Alan2021

Alan2021_0-1637525464351.png

It's in smaller font right underneath account balance.

Hello @A1105 and @Alan2021,

Welcome to the Community!

We're aware that the app isn't showing the correct amount due. Our technicians are looking into it and working on a fix.

If you need help with your account you're welcome to contact us over these methods and we'll be happy to help. 

Jackiegreen

I have the same issue. On Wednesday November 24, 2021, your system is still saying that I have money due to you that is subject to daily interest charges.

Hey @Jackiegreen,

We're working on getting it fixed as fast as we can. Thanks a lot for your patience!

Alan2021

Hi @FidoAnthonyZ 

The link you provided is down.

Alan2021_0-1637593097482.png

Instead of me using hours to connect with your customer service department, can you just tell me that if I pay all of my bills early and in full and if it says that there is an outstanding balance, it's just a glitch on your end?

Thanks for the heads up @Alan2021!

We've identified this on Monday and had it resolved on the same day. The link should be working now Smiley

Cheers!