cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer connection problems

8w151t
I'm a participant level 1

I move to a new address  and fido as new provider and printe and scanner in one is not connecting

11 REPLIES 11

joseemarie
I'm a participant level 3

I'm having the same problem. I'm unable to get my Canon printer to work on my Fido wifi. It's an AirPrint printer but the network can't see it. 

Hey there @joseemarie!

First off, welcome to the Community Smiley

I noticed that you've also posted the same question on our French board. I'll update our reply there as well.

I understand that your printer is currently not discoverable on your Wi-Fi network. 

What happens if you plug it directly with an Ethernet cable? Are you able to successfully connect and use it on your network that way?

Let us know!

joseemarie

Hi, Saad. 
I finally figured out that the only way I could connect my printer was by using the WPS button on the router. I didn't have a wire to use. Once I figured the WPS method out, it was super quick and easy. Yay!

noora
I'm a participant level 2

Hi!

How do you do the WPS method? I've been at this for 2 days and can't seem to figure it out. Please let me know. 

Hey there @noora and wecome to teh Community!

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to set your Wi-Fi/Modem up or are you trying to connect your printer through your wireless network?

noora

Hi! 
My wifi is already set up. I'm trying to connect my canon printer through my wireless network. I've tried manual and everything but it's not working. 

Hey @noora,

Were you able to use your printer by connecting it by USB or ethernet? Sometimes just plugging it in can help the modem recognize the printer in order to have it connected wireless.

Also, have you reached out to Canon technical support? 

noora

Hi,

I don't have any cables. I want to connect to the wifi wirelessly. No, I haven't reached out to canon because I know the issue is the Fido network. My printer has connected to other wifi networks with no problem before. Do you know which printers are compatible with the Fido wifi? I'm thinking of purchasing a new

one. 

Cb41

What is the WPS button i have a white tower modem with fido i can not connect my Hp All In One Printer its driving me nuts

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Cb41 !

Welcome to the Community Smiley

WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. The button can usually be found at the front of your Hitron modem, see the last button/icon on this picture.

Avant

Let us know how it goes!

FidoPhilippe

Hey @8w151t! Thanks for contributing your first post. Smiley

Can you help us by answering the following please:

1. What Fido service are you trying to connect the printer to?

2. If it's home internet, are you trying to connect the printer to your via Wi-Fi or cable?

Let us know.