Poor internet intermittent..

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Poor internet intermittent..

Months ago I had issues with surfing the net, gaming and streaming, not all the time but frequently enough. I had techs out on quite a few visits, I have had the cable from street to box replaced and the lines inside and out tested, a filter a few connections and a modem replacement and while this did help every I often get connection errors and I'll get kicked off Netflix and gaming can be very frustrating.

That being said can these modems supplied be a issue, the reason I ask is with everyone in my home having at least 3 devices each can these modems be overwhelmed. I have to reboot every day or two and most times it works but sometimes it doesn't. 

I find it so frustrating getting techs out only to here "oh I can't help you, you need a senior tech" or I only have 20 minutes here to troubleshoot.

So the main question is there a better modem available that can handle more traffic assuming my theory is somewhat correct.

(Hitron modem CGN3AMF)

Thank you Gerry

Accepted Solution

Re: Poor internet intermittent..

I have had my router replaced with the same router, (hitron cng3...) which from what I read online is a poor low end router and in my opinion unable to handle to many devices. I got tired of calling and jumping through the same hoops trying to fix the same issue and their latest possible solution was to increase my data plan because the 75 down and 10 up isn't sufficient for so many devices. (It worked good for a year or so. How would more bandwidth help ??) 

Needless to say I bridged my Hitron and installed 2 decent routers, one is a access point, and all has been fine for 3 weeks now. No getting kicked off Netflix or trouble gaming,for now. (I had the 2 routers previously connected as Access points to the hitron when it was in router mode and no bueno)

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 11
Solution

Re: Poor internet intermittent..

I have had my router replaced with the same router, (hitron cng3...) which from what I read online is a poor low end router and in my opinion unable to handle to many devices. I got tired of calling and jumping through the same hoops trying to fix the same issue and their latest possible solution was to increase my data plan because the 75 down and 10 up isn't sufficient for so many devices. (It worked good for a year or so. How would more bandwidth help ??) 

Needless to say I bridged my Hitron and installed 2 decent routers, one is a access point, and all has been fine for 3 weeks now. No getting kicked off Netflix or trouble gaming,for now. (I had the 2 routers previously connected as Access points to the hitron when it was in router mode and no bueno)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 11