Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection constantly drops

damibal
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I have constant drops in my internet connection, every time I call tech support they ask to reboot the modem and then works fine. I used to reboot the modem 2 or 3 times per week, but getting to the point of having to reboot around 4 times daily.

Anyone has ever had the same messages you see below? If so, please let me know how did it get resolved. It is so annoying to work like this. I am really considering other options.

Thank you so much, any help is welcome! Here are the errors that continually show up under the DOCSIS Event

1409/23/20 12:26:2068010300errorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
1809/23/20 20:57:1390000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
1909/23/20 20:57:2473040100noticeTLV-11 - unrecognized OID;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
2009/25/20 17:47:4882000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

7 REPLIES 7

Squirrel168
I'm a contributor level 1

Did you ask them to send a technician and test with a Time-Domain-Reflectometer?

Reboot modem would not fix T3 time out.

FidoValerie

Hey @damibal !

Welcome to the Community. Very_Happy

I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble with your Home Internet connection.

If you've been experiencing more and more drops, it's totally understandable that it would be inconvenient.

It would be best to reach out to our Home Internet Tech Support team once more and provide them with the error message you're getting.

They might send a technician over or get you a modem replacement! 

Keep us posted. Smiley 

sehui
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

I have same issue. I did factory reset, but still connection drops constantly. 

damibal

Sehui, what have you tried to resolve it?

damibal

Thank you all, i followed your suggestions. Spoke to Rosa from Fido's techsupport, very nice person tried to look for issues and helped me a lot. Sent me a technician who came within 1 hour. Technician came and change the one of the coax connectors for an 8 (not sure what the 8 means), but connections seems a bit better. They both said there is some noise interference and technicians said it is at the street level, not in my house. A crew should be here in around 5 days to try to solve the issue. Thanks for the help provided. Will keep you all posted.

Dan.

Squirrel168

I just want to update my issue.

I used fido live chat connecting to technical support.

My feeling is that most of the agent are from different company and different area. Their training is also very random. Some know a lot more and some know nothing. And it is a gamble who you connect to.

As I mentioned before, I have a lot of T3 time out. 

Most agents have no idea what that means and keeps telling me it is my router. It seems that they dont even understand that T3 timeout is about the communication between modem and CMTS. It gets nothing to do with my router at all.

And it is funny that one agent told me because I turned off the gateway mode, it would be impossible for me to login to my modem to see the log file. And that if I do, I must have hacked into the modem and modified its firmware and I need to do a reset.

It seems that he has absolutely no idea what he is doing and talking about. I (may be not most people) can easily setup my router to access the modem. He thinks the modem ip is 192.168.0.1 and not 192.168.100.1. The truth is once the gateway mode is off, the LAN 192.168.0.0 no longer exist.

Anyway, it took me many painful try and each try take more than 1 hour to get to an agent who know what he is doing and agree that I have lots of timeout.

I finally get a technician to come. Unfortunately, the technician is the one who has no idea what he is doing this time. I asked him to use the TDR to check the integrity of the cable for split and short. He refused. He told me TDR is for checking the cable length only. I was like what!!!! Was he lying or was he not properly trained?

He literally checked if the cable are screwed in properly and pulled out his computer, connected to the modem and run a speedtest and say everything is fine.

Which part of intermittent he does not understand? He didnt even go to the tap and check for open.

It seems that the technician are either instructed not to fix complicated issue or that are not trained for another other than put in a filter here and there and say everything is fine.

I also heard stories about if you keep asking technican to come, they will say the fault is within your home and they will pass the charge onto you to deter people to complain about the real issue.

I was not asking for much, but a stable internet connect. Is it too much to ask for?

If it comes to that, may be there is a pay service from fido that I can pay to have some "real" technician coming and actually fix the problem? Not just waste my time and his time to say everything is fine?

If they really want to improve the service, it is really simple. Just have a survey for each visit asking the customer if the technician actually fixed the problem. They will be able to collect a lot of useful information. But I guess fido would not want to know that.

Hey @Squirrel168!  I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I'm sad to read about all this back and forth you've had regarding your services. That's certainly not the level of service we expect to provide. Our goal is to only make sure our customers get the best service. That said, we do appreciate your feedback in this regard and we'll make sure to forward it to the right people. Were you able to share your feedback on chat/phone?

As much as we'd like to assist you here on the Community Forum, the best people to help you are our experts at the technical support who are available 24X7. You can easily reach them by contacting them on this number:  1-888-259-3436