cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Internet service is not stable, Internet dropped couple times

yupatrick
I'm a contributor level 1

I work from home, I lost VPN connection couple times due to no signal.

13 REPLIES 13

Pualg
I'm a participant level 2

This happens to me all the time - my modem doesnt completely disconnect but it'll upstream functionality for a minute or two and then come back.  If i'm on a call I can still hear everyone, but no one can hear me.

I've tried reaching out to support but the queues are always too long to sit and wait.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey everyone!

If you're having trouble with your internet, try rebooting your modem. If that doesn't help, you will need to contact tech support at 1-888-259-3436.

Hope it helps! Smiley

yupatrick

Lmwy919
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My home internet goes offline every one minute for two consecutive days during business hours. I was on a call. I understand the useage could be high due to pandemic but cutting off every one minute as a major internet provider is not acceptable. Please check and make sure you have capacity and stability. Again, cutting off every one minute is really not appreciated.

Hey @Lmwy919,

I'm really sorry to know that you've had some troubles with our internet service. This is really not the experience we aim to provide our customers and we understand how important it is to have a reliable connection during this time. 

I moved your post to this existing thread, you'll be able to find info on the steps to take in the solution. 

yupatrick

This is not acceptable, I had similar experience..during team meetiong, especial; when you meeitng with Video on....

so stable is one issue, speed is anther issue

Hey @Pualg

Did you get a chance to have a talk with our techical support to get this fixed? 

yupatrick

I called support and the technician asked me to restart modem...

I am not sure if this will fix my issue, but will keep monitoring....

Thnaks,

yupatrick

I'll try later today.... and will post result here. Thanks

FidoKenny

Hey @yupatrick

This doesn't sound right. You had the chance to restart your modem to see if you get a better result? 

yupatrick

Hi Kenny,

I did restart the modem.... but still seeing singnal dropping.... suddenly wifi network disappeared..., it  will come back online in several minutes though.

One thing I noticed that the modem I received is (old+dirty) used one, is it possible  to get a replcment?

Modem model: CODA-4582U

S/N: 2511780547777

Rashmin

I have my service down now. I did restart can anyone help? Still not up

yupatrick

Well, I lost internet connection for several minitues as well, but it works without rebooting modem.