Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread for reporting SMS spam

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

I have been forwarding my spam email-to-SMS to @FidoStephen via PMs to help improve the spam filter for sms.fido.ca

Recently, another community member also posted a similar spam SMS they received. Perhaps a thread dedicated to collecting examples of these types of SMS spam might also help improve the spam filter.

Thoughts?

Cheers

562 REPLIES 562

TOSG
I'm a participant level 1

Got this message in an SMS from +17094260578

(10001) Fido Mobile (289)*** ****
Here is your refund: fidomobile-support.com0.

Thing is Fido actually owes a refund so I clicked on link and took me to a fido page then redirected to an interac page, asked for security questions etc and then said an error occured.

I have since changed my password and security questions.

Just thought to send to the forum and sensitize people as well

Hetashukla

Hi

I got a message from +18192387023 yesterday saying that, " An overcharge has been made on your past bills. See invoice 1345.online to claim your reimbursement of $63.53. Fido#0321"

Is this a spam message?

Hey @Hetashukla ,

Welcome to the Community!

That message is not from us, so I moved your post here since it's about that subject. 

You can refer to the solution to this thread to report it as SPAM Smiley

pnbrown
I'm a participant level 3

I just received a spam message pretending to be from Fido. I've forwarded it to 7726 but, I am also posting it here for people to be aware of.

Screenshot_20190823-091054_Messages.jpg

amitpkul2

I have received one message from the number 438-409-6525 regarding some refund. It says

Fido-Solutions INC.

DEAR Customer,

Please confirm the link to claim your refund from FIDO. Visit: http://159.89.203.40 

Sending apologies.

Is it a legit message or its a scam?

Hey @amitpkul2

I have moved your message in this thread as it is about the same topic. You'll find your answer in the solution provided above.

amitpkul2

Thank you very much 

ankle7

Hello. I just received a bogus phishing text message from 1-267-782-3391, pretending to be FIDO. 

The text says "(FIDONOTICE)" followed by "http://bit.ly/2YuivC" which redirects to the following website:

https://1fid0.com/

It looks clearly like a bogus version of the Fido site and is asking me to enter my banking details to receive a "refund". 

I know this is obviously bogus but wanted to bring it to your attention, to prevent other, more naive customers from being scammed this way!

Thanks for the info @ankle7 !

We moved your post here as it is about the same subject.

You can refer to the solution to this thread to report it Smiley

imrock18

I just received a text from 'FIDO', to follow the link regarding being over-charged.  Sorry, I blocked the number before taking a screenshot so the text disappeared, but the text was from the following phone number:403-607-0671 (I tried google searching the number first, so it was still in my history).

Hey @imrock18,

Thanks for giving everyone a heads up! You can also send any SMS spam you receive to the number 7726 (SPAM) to submit the messages to be audited and potentially blocked from the network if confirmed to be spam if this ever happens again.

Cheers!

PrettyPinkTDI

I just revived this today 

Hey @PrettyPinkTDI,

Welcome to Fido Community!

Please forward any SPAM message you receive to 7726. We'll audit it and if it's confirmed to be SPAM, we'll block it from our network.

smehta

Please help, why did I receive a message claiming to give cash back form FIDO. 

Please look into it doesn't look genuine.

Hey @smehta!

I've moved your post to this thread as it's related. 

The message you've received is definitely not from us. You can find more details about how to handle spam text messages in the solution above. 

Traceym

This is just a post to say not answer a call coming from the number 858-987-8609 as it's a scammer and they are charging you long distance. 

Hello Traceym,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the heads-up! 😀

Cheers

Hello Fido People!

I've just received a call from 1-800-521-2009 asking me to call them back by dialing #2030....

Of course I didn't!  I'm just advisng evryone they are restarting the calling process...    Sad

Be careful!

Hi @alexleroi456

I moved your post in this thread as it deals with the same topic. Thanks for being on the lookout for catching spam Smiley

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Greeetings,

Just received an scam/spam sms from +(647)241-9056 with a link to click on.

Take care Very_Happy

:Image-1.jpg

Thanks for the heads up @silentbuddha!

I've moved your post to the relavant thread here.

Keep them coming. Smiley