Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread for reporting SMS spam

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

I have been forwarding my spam email-to-SMS to @FidoStephen via PMs to help improve the spam filter for sms.fido.ca

Recently, another community member also posted a similar spam SMS they received. Perhaps a thread dedicated to collecting examples of these types of SMS spam might also help improve the spam filter.

Thoughts?

Cheers

562 REPLIES 562

UyenK13
I'm a participant level 3

I received this scammed fund last night 05.11.17 everyone lookout please;

Fr: ‭+1 (819) 919-5138‬

You've received $75.46 due to an overcharge on your last mobile bill. Claim your funds via the following link

http://mobile-trans/interac 

and otherone 

‭Fr: +1 (437) 983-8875‬ 

519 Wireless Service Refund !
(519)729-**** has received a
$53.45CAD refund !
We apologize for this issue .
Deposit your funds : 

http://bit.do/dSt

UyenK13

Thanks Cawtau

Hey UyenK13!

Just wanted to let you know that I moved your post here since it's about the same subject. 

Thanks!

Hello UyenK13,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information! You are correct, that message is most definitely spam and not from Fido. If you still have the message, you can copy it and forward it to 7726 (SPAM) for evaluation and addition to the spam filter (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Lethaldraven
I'm a participant level 1
Text I received from # 902-776-0517

FidoDOLLARS:
is.gd/interac4z9k2
Please enjoy!

What I want to know is how these scammers got my number when I literally just registered on fido not long ago this is why I immediately thought it was a scammers. Is fido giving out numbers ? Or are these little cellular mall boutiques selling numbers for a profit cause honestly I have no idea why I'm receiving them.

Hey @Lethaldraven

We're definitely not giving out numbers. 

I can assure you that we're working hard on getting to the bottom of this for our customers! 

spinty02

I got a text message tonight from 1-604-338-6258 stating:

"Fido Alert: Fido Solutions has sent you a refund due to a billing error. Please accept your Money transfer by clicking the following link:" <link provided>.

I did not click the link. This doesn't seem right. Feedback?

Hey spinty02!

Just a heads up that I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same subject!

Vagelis

Hello to all!

New to Fido and Canada. I received sms scam in the past and deleted them. Today i received a call from 4168478756. Automatic answer that i am the lucky one and air canada gives me 9999 $ plus more.....for your information.....

Vagelis

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for sharing @Vagelis! You can also flag these calls to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. Smiley

Hello @spinty02,

That is definitely a spam text, you can forward it to Fido so they can try to stop these types of spam. 

All you need to do is forward the spam SMS to 7726 (SPAM). You can do this by pressing and holding on the body of the text and then press the forward button. You will not be charge any fees for doing this. 

Cherubs

Hello Fido,

I've received a phishing text message from number (415) 549-3348. So just a heads up for anyone who is a customer and Fido to track them down. 

Their message contained this:

Hi it's Fido: your online access has been disabled due to an incorrect or missing information. Please login to your account as soon as possible to regain access of your account.

http:// fido-alert . net/ deactivated-account.php? id=9e3541739af4bb5f4bd51247964d2173 & number = <myphonenumber> 

^ Do not attempt to enter your information, I cut up the link for that purpose.

*Title edit

Thanks for the heads up Cherubs,

We're working on a resolution to be able to block these SPAMS from our network Smiley

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Just received a spam/phishing sms.

number: +16478775320

sms msessage: Your RBC Account is blocked. Click Here to restore your card access http://wwww1.royal-rbc.oaklandfinishing.com

Do not click on this link as it may have malware that could be downloaded into your phone.

Thanks,

Silent

*Title edit

I moved your original post since we already had a similar one. Thanks for the report @silentbuddha!

Reehcq

i received a message from a number 219 267 1672 who claimed to be Fido, and gave me a site of Fido-Alert.net
to login my Fido account. I think it is a phishing website. Please watch out for this kind of fraud.

***Edited title***

Hello Reehcq,

Thanks for the heads-up!! Smiley

Cheers

*Title edit

jitindhillon

Phishing

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the flags everyone. We're working hard to get these messages blocked.

Keep the examples coming!

acolacone

received a message your online profile has been disactivated for security concerns. Please login as soon as possible from the following link.

http://fido-safety.com/account.php?id=9e3541739af4bb5f4bd512479644d2173&number=

This text came from 12812588078 this number is registered in Texas. It is propably a scam,

has anyone received similar.

ngcheck
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I received this message, I was so stupid given out my name, date of birth and sin number., I thought something went wrong and stop, I guess its too late reply has been sent. Even asking me to update my credit card information. I was very upsad.

*Edited title to match thread title