cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Bytes banner not visible

ravivenkatesh
I'm a contributor level 1

I am a 20 year Fido customer. I recently decided to try Data Bytes. Surprised that My Account does not have anyway to access it. I was told to uninstall. Unable to do that either, no uninstall button for the app. 

67 REPLIES 67

@Alfred1234 did you update the app? If you did try clearing the app cache and see if that helps.

lexilovespants
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I cant see the data bytes banner even though i'm on a fido pulse plan.

Hi everyone!

Just letting you all know that app version 4.7 has been released. It’s on a staggered rollout though, so you should all have it by the end of the week. 

Here's what should be fixed:

• Missing Data Bytes banner
  • Having to login each time you open it

Thank you all for your patience!

Gwilkins
I'm a participant level 3

I downloaded and am running 4.7.1 (1).

i’m starting to actually question my ability to navigate an app.

Either the Free Bytes banner remains elusive, or Fido has hidden ig really well...or I’m legit losing my marbles.

Hey @Gwilkins! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Are you able to see the banner now? You should normally see it under the usage tab on the top left.

If not, try uninstalling/reinstalling it.

Let us know.

Generalx

Hello, now after uninstalling and re-installing the fido app, the databytes banner is finally available! However, when I try to start databytes, it says "Sorry, something went wrong!". I tried this for a couple of days already, opening and fully closing the app. Not sure what's wrong! Please help.

Hey @Generalx! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'll be happy to help you!

Can you tell us what app version you have, as well as the phone OS version please?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?

Generalx

5DEECB0D-7E60-45FE-86F2-66CE345A10B3.png

Hi Philippe,

I have deleted the app, and reinstalled it a couple of times already.

The app is version 4.7.0, and I am using iPhone 6S version 13.3.1

thanks,

Hello @Generalx,

Could you try to completely sign-out of the application by clicking on ''More''. After that, close the app,  return to it and try to access your Data Bytes.

Let us know if this helps.

Generalx

Hello,

I tried that and it still doesn't work. Someone from Fido called me and I have sent my screenshots to them, so the IT team is looking into this for me.

thanks,

Thank you for the update, @Generalx.

Someone from our IT department will contact you as soon as possible with an update or a resolution regarding this situation. 

Thank you for your patience! 

Generalx

Hello everyone,

it finally worked after getting the call from a Fido IT team member! I actually just needed to uninstall the app, RESTART the phone, reinstall the app, and now it works!

Thanks all,

Cheers.

Gwilkins

I’m not understanding the difficulty in getting this Data Bytts function to work.

i have literally tried all reasonable approaches; uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling...zero.

Does this feature of my plan actually exist?

Maybe FIDO can simply unrestricted my data...I promise I’ll be reasonable!

Hey @Gwilkins! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

The latest update for the app should have fixed this. Can you confirm which version you have right now please?

You can find that under the support tag on the bottom right of the app.

Hey folks!

We're currently aware that as of the latest update some of you are unable to see the Data Bytes banner. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and you can follow this workaround in the meantime to implement a fix:

• If your account has multiple lines, each user can create their own subscriber profile. Meaning that each user, will have their own username (email) to access their own line
    • If it’s a single line account, the account holder can create another subscriber profile using a different email address.
  • Once logged in as a subscriber, you should be able to initiate a Data Bytes session.

Please note that for IOS users, this workaround may not always work. If so, please let us know as we are working to find a solution.

Hope this helps

Nunn
I'm a participant level 2

"Please note that for IOS users, this workaround may not always work. If so, please let us know as we are working to find a solution".

""Workaround may not work". Then Fido already knows it does not work. What is Fido prepared to do for IOS customers where nothing works.? 

Gwilkins

I’ve tried the work around....still nothing.

I really don’t understand how this function hasn’t been fixed! “Data when you need it most”...I think Fido has sincerely let me down here!

what now Fido?

Hey @Nunn and @Gwilkins!

This is something our teams are working on, and we do hope to have a solution soon!

In the meantime, when you tried the workaround, did you make sure to register as subscribers for the specific number and not account holder?

Gwilkins

Hi! Yes, I signed in under newly created Subscriber credentials.

glad it’s on your radar.

please keep us posted on a solution.

Will do! We'll update everyone once we have some updates to share.

Alfred1234

I deleted the app and reinstall