Data Byte not working

I'm a Contributor Level 1 birdieman
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Data Byte not working

Every time trying to use the Data byte, it said Sorry Something Went Wrong on my iPhone. The Fido apps is updated and my iOS is also updated. Very frustrating.

Accepted Solution

Re: Data Byte not working

Hey @eduardo_ibarra! We're aware that some customers are currently unable to use Data Bytes. A fix should be implemented tomorrow with a new app update. Please let us know when you have it and if the issue persists. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6

Hey @birdieman

I'm sad to see you're having difficulties with this feature. Can you confirm if you've disabled your Wi-Fi connection prior to attempting a Data Bytes session? 

Data Bytes will not work if you're connected to Wi-Fi. You can check out more information on troubleshooting this feature here

I hope this helps! Let us know if it works for you. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
I'm a Contributor Level 1 birdieman

Unfortunately your generic answer is totally irrelevant. It seems the Data Bytes on the iOS App is broken as it took me 40 minutes Live chat today to find out.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6

Hey @birdieman

I understand how important it is for you to use your data bytes.

Can you try to reinstall the app and let me know if you get the same result?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
I'm a Contributor Level 1 eduardo_ibarra

It seems to be a much larger issue. I’m getting the same issue on my iPhone XS on iOS 12.2. Updating to iOS 12.2 might have caused the problem, was working fine previously on iOS 12.1.4.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @eduardo_ibarra! We're aware that some customers are currently unable to use Data Bytes. A fix should be implemented tomorrow with a new app update. Please let us know when you have it and if the issue persists. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6