cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"no service" with my fido iPhone 5s in USA, unable to connect to local carrier

michellek
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I'm a new FIDO iPhone 5s user, upon entering the USA I lost FIDO service, usually with previous phone/mobile providers as soon as I would enter a foreign country, the usual 'welcome text' would arrive.  Today, nothing, and no service @ all.  

Fido representative wasn't much assistance - suggested I contact AT & T as they are the US provider for FIDO.  

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

ps I did pre-purchase a talk and text travel package for my upcoming travel. 

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Amanda1
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

@michellek wrote:

@I'm a new FIDO iPhone 5s user, upon entering the USA I lost FIDO service, usually with previous phone/mobile providers as soon as I would enter a foreign country, the usual 'welcome text' would arrive.  Today, nothing, and no service @ all.  

Fido representative wasn't much assistance - suggested I contact AT & T as they are the US provider for FIDO.  

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

ps I did pre-purchase a talk and text travel package for my upcoming travel. 

Hey everyone!

I know this post is a bit old but I would like to add that, should anyone else experience a similar issue when roaming, you can perform a manual network search under the network settings on your device and try manually selecting one of the available networks. 

Hope this helps!

FidoMatt
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi Michel, 

Data roaming is by default turned off on iPhones, you would have to toggle it on.

That is under settings and Cellular.