cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Air 4 shipping delay

Damali
I'm a participant level 3

Good morning, I placed a reservation for the iPad Air in mid December for the blue because it did not have shipping delays in comparison to the gray one. Now I'm reading that the blue one has a 2-3 week delay. When will the iPad airs be shipped out! Also every time I call the store, or try to get info I'm told "it's a self serve thing".

27 REPLIES 27

jshu
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

And 4 weeks later, still nothing. How about you guys tell the truth to customers when they order instead of BS 2-3 weeks, when you know it's not true?

ShawnG
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Oh man I have been waiting since November 3 and still haven't received it. What place in line are you??

Hey @jshu,

I'm sorry that you have yet to receive your iPad Air. Rest assured, our goal is not to provide misinformation or lies.

We can only provide the information we have in regards to the delays for the iPad Air 2020 models, and that delay currently still shows as 3-4 weeks.

Nonetheless, I surely understand your frustration with this situation. 

You can always send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter and we can review your order together!

We can alternatively PM you here if you prefer.

FidoValerie

Hey @T-HOJBERG01 Smiley

Sorry to hear you're still waiting for your tablet!

I can assure you that we're working hard to send everyone their orders as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, it can happen that deliveries are affected by longer delays than originally expected, when there is a very high demand. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

You can always contact us to know more about your order status and when you can expect your new device!

T-HOJBERG01
I'm a contributor level 1

I already tried contacting you and the representative blamed the entire delay on the COVID outbreak in Mississauga at the Canada Post facility. Which is complete BS. 

So in leu of being further lied to or mislead by Fido I'd much rather not contact you. All for a device that is available for pickup today at every retailer in my area. I would like to change my order so that the tablet is shipped to the store and not my home, but I fear I'll get another genius representative that isn't able to do that. Nor do I want to chance the fact that I'll be pushed to the back of the line again and risk not getting the tablet in the year 2021. This entire situation could have been avoided by providing accurate information on your webpage at the time of purchase. That currently still says 1 to 2 weeks even though every customer who orders one will be waiting 7 plus weeks before it even ships!

Hey @T-HOJBERG01!

Some devices do have additional delays right now and the iPad Air is unfortunately one of them. As demand is high, our supplies are doing their best to keep up. Although it's not the only factor, the pandemic has impacted things as well. 

That said, if you do see that it's available in a store you can always get it from the store. You'd just have to contact us in order to cancel the order then you can proceed in store.

I hope that info helps out. 

T-HOJBERG01

I contacted you and spent an hour on the phone only to be told that the order cannot be found. Even though I have a printed agreement mailed to me from Fido, and multiple emails confirming the order. I am happily cancelling my services this weekend. Just waiting for my final payment on my Fido MasterCard to process and I am out of here. Ten years with Fido and I've never had an issue, always paid my bills, and have never even asked for a credit when there's an error. Unreal that you would actively offer a fake product you have no intention on mailing customers. I'll be filing a formal complaint in the near future. Thanks for the lies. 

Hey @T-HOJBERG01

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look. 

Talk to you soon! 

T-HOJBERG01

I feel ridiculous for venting on this forum, but for the last 9 weeks I have spent probably 5+ hours JUST trying to get a clear answer as to when I could expect a product I actively agreed to purchase, and you agreed to sell me. I didn't even care if you told me it would be another 9 weeks, as long as it actually showed up. Not to be a raging Karen, but it HAS to be illegal if not immoral to have a paying customer agree to a service that you actively do not offer. Not even an email updating me. I had to reach out to you just to get the run around over and over and over, all for my order to magically disappear after I reach out. I regret being polite to your customer service because clearly nice guys finish last. I am seriously considering other carriers at the moment because if THIS is the customer service I can expect in the future, I'd much rather shop around. I joined this carrier because you were the first to offer the iPhone in Canada, clearly your relationship with Apple has soured if you're the absolute last client on their list getting iPads. It's just funny at this point. 

We hear you @T-HOJBERG01

As much as we'd love to fulfill your order as quickly as possible, delays are to be expected when the demand is higher. It's also good to know that our stores or retails don't share the same inventory as our call center. In other words, order placed with an agent or on Fido.ca will be taken from our warehouse's inventory.

With that being said, we'd love to take a closer look at your account to have this situation resolved as quickly as possible. We've sent you a PM to get started, but we haven't received a reply yet. I'll follow up to and continue with you there.

Talk to you soon Smiley

T-HOJBERG01

Oh, and I love how you try to place the blame on the customer by saying 'we haven't received a reply yet.' Yeah, and you won't because you've already lied to me enough times that there's no way in hell I'm wasting MORE time with your representatives. That would make me a complete fool, and I'm already foolish enough for believing you the first 5 times. Hahahaha. Have a good day. 

T-HOJBERG01

I've sent a detailed summary of the situation to a national news outlet because I feel it's somewhat my responsibility to let Canadians know that Fido is falsely advertising products. (and the story got picked up!) Imagine if I needed this device to speak to a loved one battling COVID. Or a parent trying to home school their child through these stressful times. You're lucky I'm just a guy who already bought the iPad from Apple and had it arrive a week ago. (3 days after placing my order - not 9+ weeks only to have you lose it). Stay safe guys, and maybe update your website to reflect the fact that it's backordered so you're not in violation of the Competition Act. 

Laibibr

Hi im also number 183 in line for a ipad air 64 for 3 weeks already hiw much longer ??

Hey @Laibibr! Philippe here. Thank you very much for your patience with us! We do appreciate it. Smiley

The latest news I have are for the delays are 3 to 4 weeks. We'll be sending them out the moment we receive them from the manufacturer.

Thanks again!

T-HOJBERG01

If you have the same luck as the rest of us, you can expect to wait at least another 6 weeks. 

T-HOJBERG01

I ordered an iPad in December under the promise of a shipping delay of 1 - 2 weeks. Get an email saying it'll ship within 5 buisness days. 2 weeks later I get an email saying it'll ship in 2 - 3 weeks...and that was 5 weeks ago! I understand the delays completley but what I can't wrap my head around is the complete lack of transparancy and misleading information. The only reason I've held out this long is because I bought a Smart Cover from Apple for the thing, and that's long past its return date. So my option is to wait, or move on and throw away $100 thanks to Fido's false promises. Mind boggling. 

more_fun18

I am still waiting for my iPad air 4 as well since December 2020. It is been 5+ weeks now. Each time I call they ask me to wait 72 hours and then nothing happens. This is ridiculous! The iPad is not out of stock at apple or  other providers!  it seems only out of stock at Fido!

Hey @more_fun18!

This device is still backordered and we're sorry about the delays. You can always contact us if you want to make changes to your order. 

more_fun18

As always, thanks for the same answer! I spoke with some clients on this forum and I was surprised that some of them ordered the iPad air 4 in Nov 2020 and still nothing happened, they never received the iPad until now! It feels kinda fishy especially that the iPad is not in shortage anywhere but Fido! it feels that the offer is not legitimate! Anyhow, we can't do anything about it!  Maybe we'll get it when the iPad Air 5 goes out lol

I assure you that we don't mean to repeat ourselves and are giving you all the information we have on this situation. We don’t necessarily have the same suppliers than other providers and can't speak for them and their inventory. 

We can look into your account and make sure there is no issue with your order but the delays will still apply. Let us know and we'll send you a PM.