Phone not available, but still listed on website promotion. Why!!

Raymond321
I'm a Contributor Level 1

About a week ago, I found a excluded offer on fido app. I kept everything the same, just need to sign two years contract to get a new phone. Since it says delivery to home will take 3 to 5 days, I chose the option to pick up at nearby store. The conformation email says " Please wait for the 'ready for Pickup' email.

I waited a week, there is no email, no phone call, no message. I felt like forgotten by fido service. ( I almost thought I was scammed.)

so I contacted the fido service. The representive told me the phone is on back order few days after I ordered it. It won't be available until the stock get filled by supplier. which will take 4 weeks or so. 

I cancelled the order, didn't get anything. ( exclusive promotion offer is gone!!!!). I then logged onto my account, the same phone still avaible on site. so I went through the process and ordered it again. 

Two things here, 

1, If the phone is out of stock, Why the hell is still available for upgrade????? ( There is no message saying it will take 4 weeks on the website anyway.)  Or else I would pick a different phone when I had exclusive offered.....

2, I went through the entire process, Still no message or notice showing it will take 4 weeks to arrived. Instead of getting the phone for free, I have to pay without excludsive offer. (Sucks....) This time I chose the option to delivered to me. (Lets hope it won't show up, or else I won't pay a dime for it !!!!!).

I was thinking about getting another type of phone. But How The hell will I know if it is really avaiable, or will be back order for another freaking year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

4 REPLIES 4
FidoPhilippe

Hey @Raymond321! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience and I do apologize for all the inconvenience in getting a new device for yourself. I also wish to thank you for your feedback.

We'll be happy to check-out all your options, as well as provide an update on your device, via community PM if you wish. Just let us know!

Raymond321

I got exclusive offer through Fido app. Which was $0 for LG Velvet 5G for two years contract, no down payment, no nothing.

After I picked up the phone. $15 per month added to my bill. ( exclusive offer gone,because they didn't know what exclusive offer I got).

I return the phone same day, wasted two trips. 
Well play by Fido.

Hello @Raymond321

Did you go over the details of your contract that were sent by e-mail after accepting your offer? 

Feel free to reach out over these methods if you need help with your account. 

Raymond321

What I got from representative.

" I am sorry to hear that"

"sorry, I don't know what you want".

" sorry, I can't help you"

" yes, you can cancel your plan".