cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change SIM card

ethan6
I'm a participant level 3

I have this fido SIM card which tells me to go to fido.ca/simcard to activate it. The page doesn't exist anymore.

There is also the online instructions

https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/switch-equipment

Which I tried to follow but cannot find the button it tells me to press "Update SIM Card."

11 REPLIES 11

nhathien
I'm a participant level 2

i have same problem like the poster, can you activate my nano sim as well?

Hello Nhathien,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, are you attempting to update a SIM card for post-paid or pre-paid services? For post-paid, if you are the account holder, you should be still be able to update your SIM online. I understand they may have changed some of the pathways to access the page. You should be able to update your SIM via your My Account --> View & Manage Usage. That should lead you to your Moble Dashboard. The option to Update SIM card is near the bottom of that page, under Quick Actions. In order to update your SIM card online, you will be required to enter you old SIM card number as well. If you do not have access to your old SIM card, you might need to contact customer service or go to a store.

On the other hand, if you have a pre-paid account, you will likely need to go to a Fido store to update your SIM card. In order to prevent fraudulent SIM card changes, they will need to verify your identity. Unfortunately, there is limited information available with pre-paid accounts to verify.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

nhathien

yes, i'm prepaid customer for more than 8 years, i don't know why  fido have to make difficult for prepaid customers.. Bell can change sim card instantly.. your fido system need to update to prevent fraudulent...that's not customer fault.  after my prepaid is done, i will switch to bell...thank you for your respond..

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ethan6

Were you able to update your SIM card? Let us know. Smiley 

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ethan6

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

We'll be happy to help with that. Just to confirm, were you looking to activate a SIM for a new line or is it a switch from one SIM to another on an existing line? 

ethan6

Hi I'm not sure what you mean by "new line" or "existing line" but currently I am using one SIM card but it does not fit in my new phone. I have this card which has a nano sim card and says I can register it at fido.ca/activate which no longer exists which does fit in my new phone

Thanks

Hey ethan6,

Sounds like you're trying to change the SIM card that is registered to your current Fido phone number, not looking to create a new phone number, is that right?

In that situation, you can activate your new SIM card in My Account under the Services tab. 

ethan6

Hi thank you for trying to help. Unforutnately I could not find anything about SIM cards under the services tab.

ethan6

Hi I believe it's a prepaid account thanks for helping

Alrighty, we'll send you a PM, in that case. 

Just a heads up, I removed one of your posts because it included your personal information. 

Is your account a prepaid or postpaid account?

Let us know!