Phones and Devices
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resolved! Will my phone work on the Fido network?

Hello,   Your device must be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, which uses:   GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz). UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz).   To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more o...

Cawtau by Senior MVP
  • 63 replies
  • 22 likes

Resolved! Has Fido a wrong MNC of 370?

I posted my problem earlier as a reply, asking why a non "Fido supported", generic smartphone will display roaming and work only in slow 2G mode. Paolo kindly pointed me to the answer in http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/837503-FAQ-Why-does-...

Lutz by I'm a participant level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Unlock SIM Card?

Ok, this has me seriously raging at the moment, and Fido's charming website and customer service line have done nothing to help...   Last night, my phone died at around 3am, when I woke up this morning, plugged it in to charge and turned it on.  Low ...

dasein82 by I'm a participant level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Re: using games and app on GR500FD as we want

sorry....i am trying to post something but couldn't find out how. i would like to know how to click onto the link on a LGT365 or something like that. I got the message but couldn't clink onto the link. I kept going to the reply screen. Can you help? ...

Wildbear by I'm a participant level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3G on Unlocked BB Bold 9700

Hello Folks:   I have an unlocked BB Bold 9700 and a BB email plan. I get EDGE on the phone but not 3G. When I try with other carriers SIM card on this phone I get 3G. If I select 3G I cannot connect to Fido network at all untill I switch back to 2G ...

hukerikar by I'm a contributor level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Adding words to a dictionary to "fight" the autocorrect

Is there a way to add words to a custom dictionary on the iPhone 4? When I email or text, the autocorrect takes some of my words and changes them to the iPhone version which is sometimes way off what I meant. Sometimes I don't notice and I hit the Se...

Renolover by I'm helpful level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes