cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock SIM Card?

dasein82
I'm a participant level 2

Ok, this has me seriously raging at the moment, and Fido's charming website and customer service line have done nothing to help...

Last night, my phone died at around 3am, when I woke up this morning, plugged it in to charge and turned it on.  Low and behold, its asking me to "Insert right SIM card" (the card has not been removed since I got the phone 2 months ago).  I next get a message saying "SIM Unlock Process" "You are about to SIM unlock your phone.  Entering the unlock code inccorectly 10 times will result in the permenant lock of your phone.  Continue?"

I have no frigging clue what this code could be, but more than that, I have zero idea as to why its being asked of me.  I've had this phone now 2 months without ever being asked for this code: its not my number, its not my Fido website password.  Only 7 attempts left!  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks for any help.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

dasein82

Oh, and the SIM card seems to work just fine in my old phone.  Funny that.

Is this a Fido device?

Those locks are usually set in the device itself. If your device somehow got corrupted and automatically set one, you may in a worst case scenario have to enter the a password incorrectly 10 times which should then prompt you to enter a PUK code. The PUK code can found in My Account.

Here's how to get your PUK code:

1. Log into My Account on fido.ca.
  2. From the Services tab, click on the Retrieve PUK Code link.
  3. Select Your Fido Number.
  4. Click Get Code. Your PUK code will pop-up.

Hope this helps!