cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Before we go over all the questions you may have, here's what your invoice will look like after you upgrade your device and finance it with the Fido Payment Program:

bill.JPG

List of the most frequently asked questions about financing.

What is the Fido Payment Program?

• The Fido Payment Program allows you to spread the cost of a new phone or mobile Internet device over 24 monthly payments at 0% interest with an eligible plan. While most devices will not require a down-payment, some higher end devices may require one.
  • The Fido Payment Program is available on Fido.ca, in Fido stores and by contacting customer service.

Who is eligible for the Fido Payment Program?

• Both new and existing Fido postpaid mobile customers with an eligible plan, depending on the results of a credit check.

Can I upgrade my phone on the Fido Payment Program?

• You can upgrade to a new phone at any time after the first 30 days of your phone activation or previous upgrade. However, if you have an existing device balance on your current phone, it will be charged on your next bill.

What devices are offered on the Fido Payment Program?

• We offer all phones and certified pre-owned phones on Data, Talk & Text plans. Some of these phones may also be available on Talk & Text plans.
  • We also offer tablets on tablet data plans when added to an existing wireless line with a Data, Talk & Text plan.

What do I have to pay when I purchase my new phone or tablet?

• For most devices, the full cost will be spread over 24 equal monthly payments at 0% interest, and you won’t need to pay anything upfront at the time of purchase.
  • However, some devices require a down payment. If your new device does, then you need to pay it at the time of purchase, as well as the portion of taxes payable on the down payment.
  • We ask down payment on some devices to help make sure that your monthly charges are pocket friendly.

What happens at the end of my 24-month Fido Payment Program term?

• After 24 months, your device is paid off in full. At month 25 you will no longer have a monthly Fido Payment Program charge and you only have to pay for your regular monthly phone plan, plus any other services you have.

Do I have to change my current Fido phone plan if I am upgrading my phone on the Fido Payment Program?

• You may need to change your phone plan to take advantage of the Fido Payment Program. We'll let you know if you need to change your plan when you’re upgrading your phone. If you’re upgrading multiple phones at once, you may need to change the plan for each line on your account. Most customers with Bring Your Own Phone plans who require a new plan will be able to find a plan with the same benefits as their current plans after making a device upgrade.
  • If you want to upgrade your phone but are still on a subsidy plan with a term, you will need to switch to an eligible in-market plan. If you have an outstanding device balance, it will be charged on your next bill.  
  • Most of our Bring Your Own Phone plans are eligible for Fido Payment Program device offers. However, certain plans will require you to switch to a Fido Payment Program plan in order to upgrade your phone.

How are taxes charged on the Fido Payment Program?

• Taxes are charged on the full price of the device and financed as part of your Fido Payment Program.
  • If there is a down payment, taxes payable on the down payment will be due at time of purchase. The remaining taxes will be financed as part of your Fido Payment Program. 
  • Taxes are charged on the full price of the device after any applicable device discounts are applied.

How can I check my outstanding balance for a device on the Fido Payment Program?

• Go to the Phone tab of the My Account app or under the My Device section of My Account on fido.ca. You can also see it on your monthly bill in the section labelled “Additional charges/credits after applicable taxes”.

Can I make additional payments towards my Fido Payment Program balance? If yes, how?

• You can make additional lump-sum payments towards your outstanding Fido Payment Program balance anytime by contacting customer service.
  • If it is a partial payment, it will reduce your monthly payment amount, but not the number of months remaining on your term. If you are paying off your balance in full, you will no longer pay any Fido Payment Program charges.
  • Any additional payments you make will show up on your following bill.

How does the Fido Payment Program appear on my bill?

Can I trade in my old device and get a new device through the Fido Payment Program?

• Yes, you can take advantage the FidoTRADE program and the Fido Payment Program at the same time.

How many devices can I purchase on the Fido Payment Program?    

• You can purchase all your devices on the Fido Payment Program, depending on the results of a credit check.
  • However, there can only be ONE device on the Fido Payment Program PER LINE at a time.

Is Device Protection available on phones purchased through the Fido Payment Program?

• Yes, any phone purchased through the Fido Payment Program is eligible for Device Protection.

If I am an existing customer still on a term, can I change my plan if I am not upgrading my phone?

• Yes, you can change to another plan with a different amount of data, or to a Bring Your Own Phone plan (but you will be charged a downgrade fee).  You can see these plans by signing into My Account on fido.ca.

Can I change my plan when I have a device on Fido Payment Program?

• The Fido Payment Program offers you the flexibility of changing your plan within the same plan category (for example Data, Talk & Text to Data, Talk & Text).
  • If you decide to change to a different category (for example Data, Talk & Text to Talk & Text) you will be charged your outstanding Fido Payment Program balance.  The charge will be applied to your following bill.

Can I activate or upgrade my phone through the Fido Payment Program even though another line on my account is on a 2-year plan?

• Yes. Each individual line on your account can be on a separate plan, so phone upgrades on one line won’t affect your other lines.

Can I return my device or accessory purchased through the Fido Payment Program?

• Our standard return policy applies to devices and accessories purchased through the Fido Payment Program. The device or accessory must be returned within the satisfaction guarantee period. The device or accessory must be returned in "like new" condition, including all original parts, components and packaging. Headphones, headsets, earpieces and similar items must be unopened and remained sealed to be eligible for return. Check out our device warranty for more details.
  • For accessory financing, returns must be made at the Fido store from which the accessory was purchased.

What happens if I cancel my service before my Fido Payment Program’s 24-month term is completed?

• You will be charged your outstanding Fido Payment Program balance. The charge will be applied to your following bill.

What activities will cancel my Fido Payment Program agreement?

• Your Fido Payment Program Agreement will be cancelled, and the outstanding Fido Payment Program balance will be charged on your next bill, if you do any of the following:
  • Cancel your Fido service (including for non-payment)
  • Transfer your wireless services to another Fido account or wireless service provider
  • Upgrade to a new phone with a new Fido Payment Program Agreement
  • Switch to a phone plan not eligible for the Fido Payment Program