apple watch series 4

I'm a Participant Level 1 chrisliu0424
I'm a Participant Level 1

apple watch series 4

Apple just announced Apple watch series 4 yesterday!

For the GPS+Cellular, they support Rogers in this generation, since Rogers and Fido are the same company, does Fido support series 4 too?

Accepted Solution

Re: apple watch series 4

Hey @chrisliu0424

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We don't support Apple Watch.

We anticipate a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that is what we're focusing on. As of now, we don't have any updates on whether or not we would carry/support Apple Watch in the future. I'd suggest you keep an eye on fido.ca for updates on our products and services.

That said, you can buy the Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. 

Hope this clarifies!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 1 DBA

Another long term customer (15+ years) left holding the bag.

Customer service says no support for the AW4.

No information on when it can be ordered, or if it will be offered.

I'm getting tired of being treated like a second class citizen when I've been a loyal customer for this long.

Fido runs on the same network as Rogers, and Rogers supports the AW4... someone please explain to me how this makes any sense?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 3 Legacy40k
I'm a Participant Level 3

Same boat, I've been with fido for 8+ years. I've already ordered an apple watch from Apple. If Fido doesnt' get support by the spring I'll switch to Telus, who has a better network anyhow.  I don't mind carrying my phone on me in the winter with a jacket, but being able to leave my phone behind when I'm cycling in the spring will be nice.

Rogers is supporting it, Fido uses the same network, so the infrastructure is there. Even if Fido doesn't sell the watch they should support it's use. Not supporting it is basically just saying - Hey customers, we don't want you to gice us more money to support our ESIM network upgrade.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 72
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 mikemikemike
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm leaving Fido after 10 years this week when my Apple Watch arrives. Too bad, I was happy with the services and price. I'd perhaps wait a month or two if somebody, anybody at Fido had a clue. I called customer and the CSRs -- I was handed over to someone who was supposed to know something -- resorted to guessing (they weren't even aware that Rogers was supporting the AW). Here in the forum, the Fido reps gloss over the lack of support and info by telling us that we can still use our Apple Watch with our iPhones! No. Kidding.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 1 BJD

Agreed, I called in and had the same experience.  How is it "I" the consumer has more info on the technology that they could support than the people on the other end.  I will say I have always had great customer service in the past but it is a little odd not to communicate these things with staff. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 1 A115

It’s ridiculous that cellular is not supported and Fido is not even planning to do so in near future?!? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 2 bbbreezy

Somehow I posted on an older thread; as stated I have 8 devices with fido.  I will be purchasing apple watch 4 with cellular FROM APPLE and if there are no short term plans for support by Fido I will be cancelling all services with Fido.  Hate to go to Bell or Rogers but so be it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 72
Former Moderator FidoValeska
Former Moderator

Hey @bbbreezy

Welcome to the community! 

I moved your other post since it was a duplicate. 

I can understand the importance of being able to use your Apple Watch with your service provider. 

We would hate to see you go because of this Sad 

I assure you that we always aim to offer our customers the best services and products. 

This is still something that we're looking into at as we build system functionality to support the technology.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and i'll make sure to forward it to the right people!

As soon as we have more news, we'll make sure to update our Community.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 1 Neotech

Agreed. Fido is Rogers poor (shunned) cousin, it seems. I'm about to buy a Series 4 and and i'm actively thinking about taking my 2 lines elsewhere.

Fido SHARES Rogers network  / hardware so why is this an issue other than coming up with billing options?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 3 GuanxiongLiu

Hi @FidoPamela

Any update on esim support for iPhone Xs?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 72
Moderator (inactive) FidoThomas
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @GuanxiongLiu!

Not for now I'm afraid, we're keeping an eye out for any changes. We'll update this thread as soon as we get more info about it! 

Thanks a ton for your patience and understanding Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 72

"Thanks a ton for your patience and understanding"

The entire issue is is that there is no understanding. Nobody understands why the watch isn't being supported.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 2 slavoie

Support, as this is not a technical limitation, it must be a business decision, maybe the lack of demand? It's been three weeks already, not sure this is still considered "shortly" timeframe. 🤔

Any way we can show Management that Fido customers want the Apple Watch Series 3/4 LTE? Do we need to call/email/message service reps every few days asking for it? Trying to help here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 72

Even if they figure there isn't enough demand to stock, sell and market the apple watch, the expenses to support it for people who have bought watches through apple would be very little, hardly an excuse.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 72
I'm a Participant Level 1 Danmikolcevic

I see Rogers now offers the series 4 Smart watch and plans. Does Fido offer this yet? If not is there any plans on offering these services anytime soon? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 72

Hey @Danmikolcevic,

Welcome to the Community!

I've moved your post to this thread, you'll be able to find the answer to your question in the solution above.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 72