Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Idrina

I have had the same problem for weeks... Is there a resolution?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 61 of 229

Hey @Idrina!

That's definitely odd, does this happen with everyone who tries to text you and are you also using the LG G5? 

Have you reached out to us before in regards to this?

Let us know and we'll go from there!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 62 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Idrina

Hello Nick.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I have not contacted Fido about this before. Like another one of your customers on this thread, I only become aware of missed messages when contacts mention them.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 63 of 229

Thank you for confirming!

I'll send you a PM so we can check things out Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 64 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Diane908
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Seriously! Do the Fido moderators on this forum not read it before responding to new complaints of the same ongoing issue? I'm dealing with the same problem on my LG G5 and Fido gives me the same instructions everyone else has received which HAS NOT solved the problem. This needs to be fixed ASAP.  

Please advise us what is being done to restore the text service we are paying for. It is obviously a phone, network or server problem and not anything we are doing it can fix ourselves.  Don't send me a PM so we can 'check things out'. I've been to the store and they acted like they didn't know it was an ongoing problem!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 65 of 229
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Welcome to the Community @Diane908

I can understand your frustration and we take the situation very seriously.

Which app are you using for your text messages? 
Is it Hangout, Messages or a third party application? 
Can you also confirm with us if the issue comes from specific numbers or all numbers?

Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 66 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Diane908
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I am not using a third party app, just the messaging one that came with the phone. All was fine until I got the LG G5.

I miss texts from numerous people using a variety of phones and providers. Of course, like everyone else, you don't know you've missed it until the sender calls to follow up why you haven't responded.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 67 of 229
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

@Diane908

I looked into things for you Smiley

We received the information that a new update should start rolling out at the end of the month and it will address the SMS issue. 

Hang in there, it shouldn't be much longer!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 68 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 OtterCaller

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue with an Asus ZenFone 3. I've tried Messages and third parties and the result is the same: several of my contacts with different phones models send me text messages and then ask me why I didn't reply. But from time to time, I do receive their messages.

Will the update work as well for me (it seemed to be quite LG G5 specific for now)?

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 69 of 229

Hey @OtterCaller

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

Can you tell us if you're using the most recent OS version on your device? If not, can you try an update and let us know if you notice any improvements? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 70 of 229