Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229
Former Moderator FidoJo
Former Moderator

Hey @Skyegirl

That's absolutely not the kind of experience we'd like for you and I can totally understand that you're being annoyed by this. 

While we do make sure that the phones we provide our customers are fully compatible with our network, we're not manufacturers. We totally understand where you're coming from, this is why we're here to help anyone that would have such issue with their device.

We don't want to see you go and we'd like to take a closer look at the details. You can contact us here or we can send you a PM directly. 

Let us know what suits you best! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 211 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 McKimmy
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Well said!!!  I am beyond frustrated with the way they reply try this, do that...I have been instore numerous times, all they care about is sales, couldn't find a loaner phone in my city with 5 locations so I could send it off for a repair that obviously has been tried and failed.  Your right about people telling friends about their bad experiences.  Reading this thread and seeing how many people they have made to jump through hoops to try and fix a problem they all should know about and just admit the phone messaging app is a dude!!! 

Thank you @JohnF1444 for this post I am going to try textra!  Sad that a huge company like fido could not just have replaced the darn messaging app.....insanity!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 212 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

@McKimmyYour very welcome! Give Textra (or any other messaging app) a try and report back.  Pretty sure everyone here would be curious to know your results. Maybe Fido-tech-of-the-week may actually learn something! I solved the issue 2 years ago! They're still troubleshooting and insisting everyone update. Again. and again. and again! Miriam-Webster, 'insanity'...

Fido and LG - after nearly 2 years - should admit defeat on this one and stop wasting everyone's time. I cannot believe I still get alerts on this issue! Wow!...simply. Wow...

Guess who's flushing LG and Fido when our plan is up?? I give you one guess. Just one...:Smiley:

Cheers!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 213 of 229
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 McKimmy

@JohnF1444

So far so good....been testing all day and I seem to be recieving all of my messages!  What really makes me angry is that this issue has been reported 2 years ago and I just got my phone 5 months ago! 

I will keep you posted! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 214 of 229

We're here to assist you the best way we can @McKimmy,

That being said, replacing the messaging app is not something we support! We do provide you with the device, but repair and maintenance is provided by the manufacturer.

You can use a third party app as suggested by JohnF1444, it seems that his workaround works and hopefully it will work for you too :). Keep in mind though, that we're unable to provide any support or guarantee the functionalities of this app.

As for the repair, your 1 year manufacturer warranty will cover any technical issue with your device which is why we'll have your phone sent to LG. Since we're unable to guarantee that a loaner phone will be available at store, you can contact LG directly to have them look into it instead.

Hope this clarifies, and please do share your findings :).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 215 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 3 efblanch
I'm a Participant Level 3

Have been very frustrated with not receiving texts or having people not receive mine. There is no rh yme

or reason. Just know because people will ask "didnt you receive my text?"

Have tried to do all the things various Fido reps have suggested, I see that there may have been a software issue with the Lgg5? My contract ends soon and Im not sure if I need to switch carriers as well as the phone?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 216 of 229

Hey efblanch!

Welcome to the Community!

I've moved your post to this thread since it is related to the same subject. 

You can find more info about the fix for this in the solution above. 

Could you confirm that you are using the stock messaging app and the version number?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 217 of 229

Hey @efblanch!

Did the info in this thread help you out? Let us know what's what!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 218 of 229

How do I check this?

Why was this not mentioned the 5 times I have previously spoken to customer service over the past year?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 219 of 229

Hey @efblanch

The stock messaging App in this case is the one that came with the phone. Is this what you are using? 

If so, can you navigate to the Settings > Apps or (Apps & Notifications) > Select the ``Messages`` App. You should be able to see the version in the App's info at the bottom. 

Can you give this a try and let us know what you see? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 220 of 229

Re: Not receiving all text messages

Yes , thanks,both stock messanging app and updated (as number shown above.)

Still doesnt work.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 221 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Hello

Please scroll back to any previous post - there are 222 of them...this issues goes back for at least 2 years!

Stop using the stock / default messaging app.

Install ANY third-party messaging app. Many users seem to have success with Textra.

Install it, make it your default messaging app. You cannot delete the stock app. Just hide it or ignore it.

Problem solved...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 222 of 229
Former Moderator FidoJo
Former Moderator

Hey @efblanch

Have you noticed the same difficulty using a third party App? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 223 of 229
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

i would try different brand android phone aka samung see if u have the texting problem resolved, this could be an lg g5 issue. good luck

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 224 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Skyegirl

I think all of us who gave had this problem would be more than happy  to try a new phone but we're all locked in to contracts! It is obviously an LG issue and no one has taken ownership for this disaster, neither LG or Fido, who still keeps selling unsuspecting customers these phones. We should have all been offered new phones a long time ago...this forum is proof this is an issue that obviously can't be fixed. I contacted Fido shortly after I got my phone in December of 2017! I can't believe it's now the end of July almost and we all are still talking about this 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 225 of 229