Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 5 delays

ioliinychenko
I'm a participant level 2

Hello Fido,

I upgraded my phone to Google Pixel 5 three days ago and received a confirmation email that was saying: "you should receive in up to 5 business days." Naturally I was expecting to have a phone within 5 days.

Today I received a call "on behalf of Fido'' and was asked if I want to complete my order. After initial confusion we found out that this was a mistake due to the phone being not available and I won't receive it for at least three weeks. There is no information about delays or stock availability on the website nor at the confirmation email. Furthermore, I called 611 (thank you for 45m waiting time btw) to get some clarification, where I was told that there is nothing that could be done and that Fido doesn't have to notify me about a delays, on the contrary it's my “fault” and I should call and ask about availability. Day after I received another call from Fido where I was told that the phone will be delayed for 4 weeks. Some time after I received an SMS with a similar context.

This completely ruins all expectations and the legality of such "purchase" is also questionable since Fido clearly doesn't have the item available nor a solid availability date, but It doesn't stop it from taking new orders.

This raises two question:

How Fido is planning to compensate for the delays and a bad experience ?

Will Fido add an “out of stock” note on the website, so people won’t get confused ?

Thank you,

Ivan

21 REPLIES 21

wmuneer
I'm a participant level 1

I'm in the same situation. Really disappointed with Fido. They obviously failed to notify consumers that these devices were out of stock or on back order while they were accepting orders. A lot of people ordered on Fido as they were promising early delivery versus other providers at the same time. 

26 Nov - order placed, received email confirming "you should receive in up to 5 business days"...

3 Dec - received email saying "the order is still being processed"

4 Dec - received email saying "will ship within the next 3-4 weeks"

6 Dec - called *611, agent said "it will ship next week"

8 Dec - received email saying "It will ship within the next 2-3 weeks"

17 Dec - called *611, agent said "it will ship in the next 3-4 weeks"

noorpreetsingh

Hello, I ordered pixel 5 on 27 November and I knew at the time that delivery will be delayed and the expected time for delivery was 3-4 weeks. After a week i receive an email stating the expected time to be 2-3 weeks which was acceptable as one week had passed. Now, on 11 Dec, that is after more than 2 weeks of ordering phone I receive an email stating that phone will be delivered in 3-4 weeks again.

Just to confirm and enquire the time for the device to be delivered, I contact customer service on chat and he says that I will not be delivered device as it is discontinued and I have to get it from store and my order will get cancelled as i will not get the phone delivered, not even delayed. I could accept the delay but straight on declining the order is unacceptable as I could have ordered the phone from other carrier at the time of black friday and will not get same deals now from the store. This is putting the dust in the eyes of customer. Can someone confirm if i will recive the phone or not. Poor Service! Rather than providing the exact time frame for the device to be delivered, they are straight up declining it! 

Hello @noorpreetsingh

I moved your post here since it's about the same topic.

For any change, the resolution here will be updated. 

ioliinychenko

Idk if it's my rant or I'm just lucky but I got my phone today. Thank you everyone.

hyet
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Went through the same thing as you did. Had to call to find out.

Except I have not recived any email/text/call that informs me about the delay until today, other than the information I got from calling two weeks ago. 

Ordered mine on Nov 22, 2020, have not received the Pixel 5 and no way to track the status of my order.

I actually almost sold my old phone the same week I placed the order expecting the new phone would arrive within 5 business days...

Hello @hyet,

We understand how unpleasant it is to wait longer than expected for your new phone. This isn't at all what we hoped for. You'll receive a confirmation with a tracking number once we have them in stock and it is shipped. 

jason211

I am in the exactly same boat re: the pixel 5.  Terrible customer service.  Not only that but the Fido website is without doubt the slowest webiste I have come across in the last 10 years and call times are terrible.   I spoke with a customer service rep last week who told be there was a shortage of some 600 phones but they were expecting a delivery of over 1000 pixel 5's this week and that it would be about a weeks delay.  Fast forward to today and I read this forum and realise the agent was obviously lying to me.  I am a new customer and only went with Fido as my current provider's website told me they were out of stock before I ordered the phone.  This feels like a deliberate ploy by Fido to get more custom by ommitting important information.  

lillypad_33

Same issue with the pixel 5 for me....
Let's face it.... every carrier had the same promotion. 
The decision I made to buy something from Fido was an uninformed decision.  The website should have been updated to indicate that there was a backorder.
By not providing the information that the devices were backorderd, Fido has lost trust from me, and future decisions may be impacted.

Kekszemu1

I ordered my Pixel 5 on Monday and there was zero indication that the phone was on back order! 3 to 4 week delay?! Shame on you Fido, for not being transparent with your loyal customers! I'll be cancelling. 

Kekszemu1

Update:

I ordered my phone on Nov 23, 2020, and decided to stick out the wait. I received an email from Fido on Dec 7 and I quote: “We’ve shipped your GOOGLE Google Pixel 5 Black and OBERTHUR FIDOTRISIM on December 7, 2020”.  A courier service link and tracking number were conveniently provided. Btw, I also received my new billing and contract from Fido for the Pixel 5. I waited all day Dec 8 for delivery, while checking the courier service website and confirming that the Pixel 5 was indeed in transit and delivery was for Dec 8.  Woo Hoo, finally!  On the evening of Dec 8, I received another Fido email indicating: “We’re sorry that it’s taking longer than usual to get it to you. It will ship within the next 2-3 weeks. When your device is shipped, you’ll receive a confirmation email that includes the tracking number, so you’ll know exactly when it will arrive. Please hang tight and thank you for your understanding.”…What the What?!...Either Fido had my phone is stock or it didn’t! I would think that would be very straightforward and important detail.  I rechecked the courier website this morning (Dec 9) and it shows the package is still “In Transit”, however, the estimated delivery date is now “Not Available”.  Either the phone was handed off to the courier service or it wasn’t.  Which is it?! Forget the empathetic responses/platitudes, how about treating your loyal customers like loyal customers and just being straight with them!  This dance continues…

lillypad_33

Exact Same issue!

Ordered on 

Nov 25...ordered
Dec 5... Updated Contract Notification
Dec 6... Email indicating it is shipping
Dec 7.... tracked the shipment.... just a label, no other action on the shipment

Dec 8.... upate on my order... it will ship within the next week!

Why the first update, and obviously false email on Dec 5....
I'm so disappointed and confused!

n_boud

The exact same thing is happening to me. Same emails/messages. My tracking says it wasn't delivered because of the driver though... *sigh*

Hey everyone, 

We sincerely apologize for the additional delays for your order, we understand how unpleasant this is. It's possible that the device was still available when your orders were placed and became backordered as we treated each upgrade in order. Your feedback is very important to us as we're always looking to improve and provide the best customer service experience possible. 

Rest assured that as soon as we receive more stock we will do everything that we can to fulfill all the orders as fast as possible.

Hey @ioliinychenko, @Ktmd1, @georgian00ca, @Kekszemu1! Philippe here. I hope you're all doing well. Smiley

I totally understand all your frustrations and I can confirm that the Pixel 5 is currently on backorder due to high demand. We're currently waiting for more stock to arrive to fulfill orders as promptly as we can. That said, we'll be happy to look into alternatives for you all.

You can contact us here for that or request a PM from the community.

Thank you all for your patience!

KrustyEggroll

Hello @FidoPhilippe

I ordered my Pixel 5 online on November 24, still waiting for confirmation when it will arrive.  I was on Chat and was told Fido is out of stock, like everyone else here, there was no indication of that when I was placing my order online!!!  I have one payment left on my current phone from last contract; so based on the estimated 3 to 4 weeks for the phone to arrive, I feel the least Fido should do (aside from a written apology) is to not charge me the last payment because by the time my Pixel 5 supposed to arrive, my amount in the payout account will be zero!  

Please let me know.

Hey @KrustyEggroll

We surely understand additional delivery delays are not the best. Rest assured, we're working on getting more models to send them out. If ever you'd like to review your account with us, you can get in touch with our support team! 

KrustyEggroll

Not very helpful reply!! So I am supposed to call or chat online?  Probably will be waiting half hour to an hour before someone answers.

I have already dropped one line from fido...

Really **bleep** service these days.

ioliinychenko

Hello @FidoPhilippe,

I understand that Fido better knows how to work with their loyal customers and doesn't need any advice, but if it would ask for one I would say that adding annotation to the store page (or at least before confirming an order) about current delays is a first step to restore credibility.

As for correcting the damage that has already been done, offer an alternative device with a small discount (for example for pixel 3, 4a, 4, 4xl, etc.) or an account credit. Considering the highest prices for telecommunication in the world in Canada no doubt Fido can afford that.

Thank you.

Hey @ioliinychenko Smiley

We definitely welcome and appreciate our customers' feedback, as your satisfaction is very important to us!

Thank you for your input.

If you'd like to go over your current options for your phone upgrade, don't hesitate to contact us.

georgian00ca

I am on the same situation... I will probably cancel my order, I don't see any other option, it's really dissapointing.