Google Pixel 3 XL WiFi Calling

I'm a Contributor Level 1 ahk
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Google Pixel 3 XL WiFi Calling

Hello,

Any idea if Fido supports Wifi Calling on the Pixel 3 XL at this time? I can't seem to enable the feature on the device.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Google Pixel 3 XL WiFi Calling

Hello,

I just wanted to update that the Wifi Calling issue has been resolved. I do not know what they did in the background, but now I can enable and use the Wifi Calling feature on my Pixel 3XL.

I want to thank @FidoKenny@FidoRanya and @FidoRachel for their great customer service and timely handeling on the issue.

Thanks!!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 30
I'm a Participant Level 3 Tjalbout72
I'm a Participant Level 3

Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are supported, but can't get the Pixel 3 to work.... Can someone from Fido give us an update?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 30

Hey @ahk @Tjalbout72 ,

Wi-Fi calling is supported on the Pixel 3 and the Pixel3 XL as long as long as the phones are Fido phones. 

Did you purchase your phones from Fido?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 30

Hello @FidoRanya,

Yes I purchased the phone from Fido. Is there any documentation that explains how to enable it for the pixel 3 and 3 XL? 

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 30

Hey @ahk

I did a quick search on my end and found those steps. Let me know if it works on your end:

• From a Home screen, touch and swipe up to display all apps.
  • Navigate: Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network .
  • Ensure that the the Use Wi-Fi switch to turn on .
  • Tap Advanced then tap Wi-Fi calling.
  • Tap the Wi-Fi Calling switch to turn on .

Let me know how it goes.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 30

Hello @FidoKenny,

Thanks for the info. I did try that, but when I toggle the enable switch, I am taken to a Fido page that asks for my Fido number.Then I am sent a code which I enter and finally taken to a page where I am shown my home address. All good so far, but at this final page I cannot do anything but close it which takes me back to the wifi calling page and wifi calling switch gets disabled automatically. If I try to enable it again, I go through the same process with the same end result. 

Maybe the pixel 3 and 3 XL need a carrier services update from Google? Not sure .Please advise.

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 30

@ahk

Thank you for confirming. Since you already went over the steps, we would need to take a look at your account to make sure there's no restriction stopping you from using it.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 30

@ahk

Can you post back to let us know if you got this working?

Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 30
Solution

Hello,

I just wanted to update that the Wifi Calling issue has been resolved. I do not know what they did in the background, but now I can enable and use the Wifi Calling feature on my Pixel 3XL.

I want to thank @FidoKenny@FidoRanya and @FidoRachel for their great customer service and timely handeling on the issue.

Thanks!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 30

Thanks for the update, looks like a Pixel 3 XL bought from Google direclty won't work with Fido WiFi calling, it's a real shame. Same phone.. no extra software on it.

Google had a great bundle deal for a pre-order, it was tough not to go with them.

That said, I have terrible service at home and my old phone worked great with WiFi calling.. this really sucks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 30