Just tired a friends Rogers SIM card and got the update immediately. I suspect there is still an issue getting OTA updates on some FIDO Pixels. Can somebody from FIDO look into this? I do not want to have to borrow a friends SIM card each month to get OTA security updates.
Here is the lastest from Google's Advanced Hardware Support Team.
Please note that if option 1 doesn’t resolve your issue, our next step would be to go through the a standard exchange.
Please reply directly to this email with the option you would like to proceed with. If you’re interested in option 1, please indicate whether you'll be using a Windows or Mac computer.
Looks like Google has no idea what is causing the problem or no desire to fix the problem because it is just easier to replace the phone under warranty. I have keep the case open with Google so I can update them if anything new is posted here.
Got bored of waiting, so I did the sideload thing with NOF27C (March update). Worked like a charm. Got a little worried as the reboot after the update took a little longer than usual (~3 min) but it finally started and everything was fine. Within a minute I got notified of a new update and everything started to work as before.
Step-by-step procedure : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6x7k-VkpUJMlZ1aEliVnhMOHM/view
Google OTA update page : https://developers.google.com/android/ota (the procedure is also explained here, less detailed tho)
@juju86 Thanks for your feedback. Rest assured, our teams take this very seriously and have been working relentlessly to get this fixed and we should have an update for you very soon. We try to be as transparent as possible, however when working with 3rd parties on such issues, it's difficult to post all of the details of the investigation publicly. I'm sure you can understand.
I'll let you know as soon as there's an update.
Well I don't know about anyone else, but as of 3:45 CST today I got a notice of updates available and an now on 7.1.2 with may 5th patches. Build N2G470.
Thank you Fido for your commitment to getting this resolved.
If and when possible I would be interested to hear the details as to what the cause and solution was!