cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Ring

pematsering
I'm a participant level 3

I have a LG G4 and I've realized that I have a delayed ring. If I am calling someone else, my call does not appear on their phone until after 3 rings. I can even hear a difference in the tone of the third ring (it's slightly louder). The same goes for when someone else calls me. If someone calls me, my phone doesn't start ringing until after the third ring. What can be done about this? I've had my phone for about two years now.

** Edited to add labels **

7 REPLIES 7

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks!

I'd just like to clarify something quickly Smiley It's normal that when someone calls you, the person calling you may hear a few rings, before the connection is fully made! 

That means the person making the call may hear 2-3 rings, before it starts ringing on your end.

To be honest, that's quite normal with any handset Smiley

From my own personal experience, it often takes only 1 ring if I'm calling someone that's standing right next to me! However if there's any distance that seperates us, it can often take 2-3 rings before the person I'm calling hears the 1st ring. This wouldn't reflect any sort of technical issue. 

pematsering

I understand that. My only issue is that I was once able to call someone, have it ring approx 5 or 6 times, and then have it go to voicemail. But now I have two quiet rings, and after that the rings get loud, and I have an added 5 or 6 rings therefore the timeline for the call is longer.

Also, and I'm not sure if this is relevant, when I'm on a call with someone, a really loud static sound will suddenly come out of the receiver and when I try ending the call, the end call button doesn't work. I have to wait until the other person on the phone hangs up. This doesn't happen a lot but it does happen occasionally. 

Hmm, does the same thing happen when you try to end your call when using your SIM card in another phone?

Also, have you tried performing a factory reset of your device to see if that helps?

pematsering

if i do a factory reset, will i lose everything on my phone? files, pics, videos, apps? 

Hi there @pematsering

Performing a Factory Reset will indeed delete all the content saved in the phone.

To not lose anything important, I suggest copying your files & backup your device, before performing the Factory Reset. You can plug it via USB on a computer and complete a backup from there Smiley

Feel free to go over your phone's manufacturer guide for more details on how to perform a factory reset, or complete a backup.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi pematsering! 

That's odd! Do you have a strong signal when this happens? 

pematsering

Yes. This happens every time I phone someone, and when I get calls. It doesn't matter where I am.