cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM cost

nikhilrathi10
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi, I wanted to move to eSIM from Physical SIM on my Pixel 6 PRO. The chat rep said it can only be done in Store and when I asked the cost of eSIM, I was told it is not going to cost (chat screenshot below). Is it true that if I visit a Fido store, I will not pay anything out of my pocket and get eSIM on my phone?

nikhilrathi10_0-1667332001991.png

4 REPLIES 4

Confusedhere
I'm a contributor level 3
I'm a contributor level 3

There's zero consistency. Just like some reps at Rogers/Fido locations (same staff for both) will charge your a connection fee for migrating your Shaw account over to Rogers. 

There should be punitive measures such as fines levied for the stores where staff provides incorrect information especially when they're too lazy to call their regional rep for clarity. 

Jasleen31
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, there has been conflicting information to the service reps in store and call center. 

I visited same store at market mall on different days. First time they said no charge and second time they asked for $10. 

What's the point of charging.. i am paying already for 3 lines .. 

Hey @Jasleen31,

Welcome to the Community!

There are a couple of exceptions when the sim is provided for free. For example, when customers activate a new line or upgrade a device online, a new sim in included in the package and sent to them. That said, a sim cost $10 + taxes.

When you replace a lost sim or with an esim, it will be charged to you. 

Hi @nikhilrathi10 ,I will suggest that you go to the Fido store to have your device set up for esim. Being an electronic identifier I don't believe there's any other way to get that done. If you were told that there's no charge, I would go to the store, show them your screenshot of the conversation and ask them to set you up. OR, call the store and ask for clarification and make an appointment with them to have this done. An appointment will make your time there more efficient. Cheers and let us know the process if it is any different.