cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming options at lower cost

Zimbobwe13
I'm a participant level 2

I'm gonna be traveling in the Americas every winter(nov-march)and would like to find a plan that doesn't cost $12/$15 per DAY!! You should have an option to pay monthly at a slightly higher price than normal pay 🤨

3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Zimbobwe13 , I understand what you're saying. Roaming can be expensive, so it's best for you to research what will work for you. Other than roam like home, you could purchase a monthly plan without contract from one of the American carriers. I have a grandfathered tmobile I'm from 20 years ago that I use when I travel to the USA. As a matter of fact, I'm here now. There are many options depending on your budget, like Mint for example. It's a good idea if we only had to pay a slightly increased monthly fee and use our phones in both canada and the US, but as of right now those options don't exist unless you move to a first tier carrier like Rogers,  etc. Hope you figure it out. 

Zimbobwe13

So if I go to Rogers they will have this? Thx

Hello Zimbobwe13,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, Rogers does have an option with calling and texting within Canada, the US, and Mexico. However, it would be in your best interest to look into the different options for yourself so you can choose the one which suits your needs. Only you can determine which option is best for you.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers