Wifi Calling Samsung s10e

I'm a Participant Level 2 456645
I'm a Participant Level 2

Wifi Calling Samsung s10e

Hi, I purchased an unlocked phone directly from Samsung and Fido us stating the device is not eligible. I called support and was told that because the phone wasn't purchased directly from Fido, than the wifi calling will not work. 

This seems ridiculous and would like a solution. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Wifi Calling Samsung s10e

Hello 456645,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your situation. Unfortunately, I do not think there is a solution to your issue if your phone was not purchased from Fido. While Fido has opened up the use of voLTE with so-called grey market devices, they still do not support the use of Wifi-calling with non-Fido devices (see here). 

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello 456645,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your situation. Unfortunately, I do not think there is a solution to your issue if your phone was not purchased from Fido. While Fido has opened up the use of voLTE with so-called grey market devices, they still do not support the use of Wifi-calling with non-Fido devices (see here). 

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 456645
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi, thanks for the response.

But why was the wifi calling possible on my previous Samsung Galaxy S8 which was not purchased from Fido?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

Hey @456645

As Cawtau mentioned, we do not support wifi calling on devices that were not purchased from Fido. It is possible the service will work, but, if it doesn't, we're not able to troubleshoot it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4