cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling no Longer Working

JT00
I'm a participant level 2

Until a week ago WiFi calling was fine. Now my phone isn’t able to use WiFi calling and I need it when I’m in my condo as I have very poor cell service here. 

So far I have 1. Toggled WiFi calling on and off 2. Toggled cellular data on and off 3. Did a hard reset of the phone 4. Turned my modem/router off and on again 5. Contacted Fido and spoke to an agent (they say it should be working) 6. Been to the Fido store (they say it should be working) 7. Backed up my phone and did a “reset all settings” then restored the phone from my computer 

Still I’m not able to make WiFi calls or send texts over WiFi. 

I used to see “Fido WiFi” in the top left hand corner of my screen when it was working but that’s gone too.

Any other ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

FidoKenny

Hello JT00 and welcome to the Community.

Just have a few questions for you:

What phone model are you using right now?

Also, did you try to connect on different WI-FI networks to see if you get the same result?

And did you get a chance to reset the network settings on your device to see if it helps?

@Community: Anyone here has the same difficulty with their WI-FI calling?

Let us know.

JT00

iPhone 6

Yes, same problem regardless of WiFi location

Yes, I reset network settings multiple times

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the update,

Can you also confirm the OS version on your device? As long as it's above IOS 9.0, it should be functional.

Are you also getting any error messages, or does it simply not connect after the setup?

Let us know so we can better assist. You can also reach out to us at these channels so we can run more tests.

JT00

iOS 12.4.1 right up to date.

no error messages

ill check out the channels you’ve suggested