cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

jessicabodnar
I'm a participant level 2

I'm trying to access my voicemail but it says "I'm sorry. Someone has already entered your mailbox." Then the line goes dead. It's been happening for a few days now. I've tried restarting device. Help!!

20 REPLIES 20

CloudWalker

I've had this issue as well for two or three weeks now. I contacted support about a week ago and the response that I received seemed to suggest that this is a widespread issue. Is that the case or is there something else that I can try?

Hey @CloudWalker! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

That may be the case here, but we'll need to take a look at your account to confirm. Please contact us here or we can send you a PM from the community at your request.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jessicabodnar,

That's pretty odd, let's take a closer look. 

Can you tell us if you have a mini voicemail or a visual voicemail on your account?

If you call the retrieval number for the voicemail directly (see below), are you getting the same error or are you able to access it?

Regular Voicemail

+1 416 821-6549  or  +1 647-839-9169

Visual Voicemail 

+1 647 839-6178  or   +1 647-839-9169

Let us know! 

jessicabodnar

I just have regular voicemail. I get the same error message when calling all four numbers.

Hello Jessicabodnar,

Welcome to the community!

Just to clarify, are you trying to access your voicemail from your Fido phone or from another device? 

From your Fido phone:

Press and hold the "1" key on your phone for a few seconds to access your Voice Messaging service.
Enter your access code when prompted.
Follow the instructions to listen to your messages.

From any other phone:

Call your own Fido phone number.
Press the "#" key during your greeting message.
Enter your access code when prompted.
Follow the instructions to listen to your messages

~taken from here.

From what I can gather, it sounds like you're trying to access your voicemail from a different phone. If that's the case, you should be dialling your own number, not the voicemail access numbers.

If you're tryng to call from your device, have you tried to set-up the voicemail number in your phone?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

jessicabodnar

Hi. Yes I am using my own phone to call voicemail. Dialing those numbers or holding 1 does not work. I receive the same error message "I'm sorry someone has already entered your voicemail". Now it's been three days since someone called and left a voicemail but I can't listen to it. Can you "kick people out" of your voicemail?

Hey @jessicabodnar

Just to confirm, have you tried calling your voicemail from another phone? If so, do you get the same error message?

Keep us posted!

SarahBee
I'm a participant level 1

I'm not the original poster but I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried calling from my phone and also from another phone, I still get the error that someone is already in my mailbox.

I just switched to Fido this week and was able to set up my voicemail but haven't been able to access it since because of this issue.

Hey @SarahBee

I suggest that you reboot your phone, if you already didn't do it. 

You can also check your retrieval number: 

For all provinces to :+1 416 821-6549.

Except for Visual Voicemail (iPhone) retrieval number would be :+1 647 839-6178.

Here are the steps:

• iPhone (customers without Visual Voicemail😞 Dial *5005*86*+1 647 839-9169# (may not work on all iPhone models).
  • Android: Go to Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings > Voicemail Number and input the number.

Let us know if it helped!

marilynmcghan

I have the same problem as many others.  I can not access my voicemail as it says "someone is already in my voicemail".  I tried every option offered in the blog but unsuccessful.  I have an IPhone 7S

Hey @marilynmcghan

Thank you for reaching out and for trying the steps above. 

Please reach out to us here.

We'll be glad to take a further look into this with you. 

Alexschobes29

I've also been having the same problem. I tried calling all the retrieval numbers, rebooting my phone, etc. I just get the same message that someone has already entered my voicemail. 

Hey @. Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

You can find our retrieval numbers here. If you require further assistance, plese contact us here or request a PM from the community.

I hope that helps!

ATB1
I'm a participant level 3

I tried the following:

Regular voicemail: +1 416 821-6549-Got same message Someone is already in 

Visual voicemail for iPhones : +1 647 839-6178-Got same message Someone is already in

iPhone: Dial *5005*86*+16478396178# (may not work on all iPhone models).-Call fails

Tried calling from your Fido phone: Press and hold the "1" key on your phone for a few seconds-Got same message Someone is already in

Tried from any other phone, call your own Fido phone number and press the "#" key during your greeting message.-Got same message Someone is already in.

And now when I go into voicemail and select Call Voicemail -the call now fails.

Help! this is very frustrating.  Anna

vinfiz

Having the same issue as everyone here. Tried all suggested and recommended steps still unable to access voicemail. 

Hey @vinfiz

Please refer to the solution in this thread to learn more about this and the workaround for a fix. 

Hope this helps! 

Hey @Alexschobes29,

Welcome to the community! 

We're sorry to read that you're experiencing issues with your voicemail. 

We'd love to look into this further and resolve it with you. Please reach out here!  

ATB1

Hello, 

I have also had the same problem for three weeks now and I have tried all of these suggestions. Unfortunately nothing has worked. Is there anything else I can do?

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @ATB1, welcome to the community!

I have a few questions for you!

What type of phone do you have?

Has this always happened or is it just recently?

Thanks Smiley

ATB1

Hi Daniela:  last month it was my daughter's phone and she managed to eventually reset.  Now it is my phone however I am not able to locate the retrieval numbers in order to reset the voicemail.

Would appreciate assistance with this issue.

Thanks