Victim of fraud!!

I'm a Participant Level 2 dijo_65
I'm a Participant Level 2

Victim of fraud!!

Hi,

I have been a recent victim of fraud where someone was able to access my account and approve themselves as an authorized user. They then proceeded to upgrade my phone and take it for themselves, as well as sign me on to a contract (from being a month to month user). All of this was unauthorzed by me. I have a case opened and fraud department was supposed to call me back in 48 hours. It has been a week now, and eveytime I call customer service they are just promising me that I will hear from fraud department by the end of the day.

I am getting very impatient and worried that someone out there has my personal information and access t my account. I also now have a plan and contract that I definitely cannot afford to pay for. Please help me. I need fraud department to look into this ASAP. 

This is crazy that someone was able to impersonate me either via chat/phone and be validated by FIDO customer service. 

I am tired of waiting!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Victim of fraud!!

Hello Dijo_65,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that there was fraudulent access to your account. Have you taken the appropriate measures? At the very least you should change your passwords and cancel your credit card...

If you haven't already done so, you might consider informing the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. You should also consider the advice here. It may seem like a hassle, but any preventative measures taken now are definitely better than trying to sort out stolen identities after the fact.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 16
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Re: Victim of fraud!!

We have sent you a private message here on the community, you can answer there so we can take a look at it with you. Smiley 

If you're not sure how to access your PM, we have an article on the Library to show you how. You can find it right here

Chat soon! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 16