Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrequested verification code from 3993

JMM1
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

I just woke up and saw that I received a verification code yesterday at 22:50, when I was already sleeping, from 3993. The code is 7 digits long. Where can I check if there has been some unauthorized activity on my account? Can this code be just a glitch?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Kawa
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I received the same thing. One on Jan 27 at 7:12 am Pacific and one today (Feb 3) at 2:57 am Pacific. What is going on? 

Hey Kawa! Welcome to the Community! 

As of right now, the verification code situation should be fixed. If you are still receiving the codes, you can simply contact us through on of our support channels and we'll look into it.

JM94

Same here, I recieved a verification code I had not requested at about 4 am local time.

The 3993 SMS had sent me a verification code before, although that was about 2 years ago. I tried to see if I could check my 2FA settings for my account, but couldn't find much.

Cm2017
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

I received a 7 digit "verification code" from 3993 early this morning.

Is this from Fido?  I see a thread with  similar concerns from 4 years ago but nobody was sure what 3993 was, if it was legit.

beepbbbbbbbbbbb
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Yeah same today, 3993

JustBrowsing123

I also just got one, I guess they are spam since others are getting them, but what would be the purpose? 

Hello JMM1 and JustBrowsing123,

Welcome to the community!

It's possible those codes you received were innocent customers mistakenly entering their information when requesting their code. I believe those codes are used to sign on to the My Account app. In order to receive that code, customers are required to enter their phone number (see here). Since users enter their phone number to request the verification codes, it's possible that other customers have incorrectly entered their own phone numbers. A mis-typed phone number would be received by customer with that phone number and not the one trying to actually get the code.

That said, as far as I am aware, those codes usually come from 6508 or 6506. It appears that Fido/Rogers might also use 3993. Though, that short code might have also been used by scammers/spammers (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers