cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged 600$+ for 2 months

Sukhbirsingh111
I'm a participant level 2

I switched my initial Fido phone plan late November 2022. My initial plan included an additional 5$ for 1500 Long Distance calling. When I chatted with a speciliast online to make the switch to a new promotion, I requested to keep all the additions the same and simply change the base phone plan. Come January 2023, I see I was charged 215$ for Long distance calling. When I reached out to a speciliast, I was told it was my fault for not reading the agreement and terms and conditions when I swithced over my plan. So I was forced to pay the 215$. That same day, I requested that speciliast to add the 1500 LD minutes to my plan so I am not charged extra again and I was told it is done and I am good to go. 

Now come February, I see an extra 400$ again for long distance calling.....I just chatted with a speciliast and I am told the 1500 LD minutes dont start on my plan until the next bill. The speciliast I talked to when adding the 1500 LD minutes never mentioned any of this, and simply told me the 1500 minutes were added and I am good to go. Now I am being forced to pay an extra 400$ again on top of the $215 (that I already paid). And its being made seem that it is my fault for not understanding how billing cycle works, when the Fido "expert" should have been the one to make sure I understand when I can start using the 1500 minutes rather than saying "It has been added and I am good to go". I would like to file a complaint regarding this issue and want the 400$ waived off. Theres no way I can afford to pay this for 1 month of phone bill after paying the $200 already last month.  

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sukhbirsingh111,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected long-distance charges. However, you should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to discuss those charges, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Sukhbirsingh111

Hi,  thanks for your response. 

I have already reached out to customer service and they were of no help. I was told it was my fault for not knowing what the Fido chat speciliast was suppose to tell me. I was suggested to file a complaint instead. Is there a link I can follow to do that? 

Thanks.

Hello again,

If your issue has not been resolved, you would need to escalate the matter through their Live Chat team (see Resolve a Concern).

In the mean time, I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider trying to arrange a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations department. It should also be mentioned that any arrangement would be at the discretion of the credit operations team.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Sukhbirsingh111

Thanks for your response again. 

I am aware of the payment schedule program and I appreciate your suggestion. But I dont think I should be paying the 400$ in the first place since I was told by a chat speciliast that I am good to use my 1500 minutes but was later charged for it.