cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop the $5.00 increase

jmarci65
I'm a participant level 3

Am I the only one who got charge the $5.00 increase on service fees? 
I started at $45/byop and now I'm paying $56 with 4 GB data 

I'm going to submit a complain to CRTC I don't care if they are within their right I feel this is becoming too expensive now 

15 REPLIES 15

StM
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

2 years later - here we go again since April

Julie-

Interesting.  My fido support person didn't acknowledge that I had an increase.  They told me my rate was always $55.  I asked for a discount and got 50$ for 5G with 5$ discount for 12months, which was helpful.  BUT I really disliked the denial that my original 45$ for 2+2G was increased in March 2020.  

Hey @Julie- !

We always aim to be honest and transparent with our customers.

It's possible that your plan was increased, but this happens very rarely.

In some cases though, it also happens that a discount expires, bringing the monthly fees up, but the original cost of the plan was the same all along. 

For example, let's say someone has a $50/month plan + a $5 discount for 24 months. They'd be paying $45 per month for 2 years, and then it would go up to $50, although the plan itself was not increased.

I'm happy to learn that you're satisfied with your new deal, though. Very_Happy

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions in regards to your account!

Julie-

PhotoGridLite_1592655550212~2.jpg

• Please, it's insulting that customer support cannot see that there was an increase. And I'm not happy with the new plan, I was happy with my original plan but within 2 years of joining Fido I had an increase.  This is what drives people out to other providers that do not increase their rates on plans.  

This seems like a specific case to your bill. I would recommend contacting us or we can send you a PM. Either way we'll be happy to take a look at this with you!

Julie-

I did contact customer support about this!  And I was treated like there was no increase and that I was mistaken about my bill.  I can see my own bill.  It is disappointing to be treated this way.  Please send me a PM if you agree.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Julie- 

Sorry to hear about your recent experience, and we can definitely go over the situation together.

I'll be sending you a PM shortly, talk to you soon.

FidoPhilippe

Hey @jmarci65!

Rest assured that this increase is permitted under CRTC rules with appropriate notification beforehand (this would have been noted on your bill). We sometimes adjust the pricing on certain plans so we can continue investing in our network and improving our services.

We provide at least 30 days’ notice for any change to your monthly service fee and you can find our full terms and conditions on here.

Let us know if you have any further questions, we'll be happy to help you. Smiley

devonw
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Can someone please PM me? I'm one of those long time customers in this situation and I'm beyond disappointed. I now regret giving up my $40/5gb plan.

Julie-

I doubt we will ever see a $40/5GB plan unless you get a Quebec number and get 10GB for $44 a month

Julie-

Oh and I have yet to get a PM from anyone regarding this. Good luck.

Hello @devonw and @Julie-,

You should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer service. While moderators had previously responded to posts and requests for assistance via PMs, they may not be able to provide customer services like before. If you would like to discuss your issue(s), you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

jmarci65

No I'm sorry your response doesn't satisfy my inquiry don't even try again but thanks for your attempt to answer my request I didn't know that this forum leans more to the side of Fido 

I don't even accept that CRTC is for the consumers like me but more to legitimize monopoly and as such has caused this never- ending price increase 

There should be a price cap for customers' loyalty 

Hello Jmarci65,

Welcome to the community!

@jmarci65 wrote:...I didn't know that this forum leans more to the side of Fido...

This is Fido's Community Forum. While some people do express their dissatifaction with Fido here, the forum is intended to provide assistance for Fido customers...

I understand it may be aggravating for prices to increase. However, the cost of everything has increased in recent years. All businesses need to make adjustments to keep up with rising costs. Unfortunately, sometimes that does mean price increases for customers -- even long-time loyal customers.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey @jmarci65

We welcome and take note of your feedback and we assure you our intent is to invest in our services. 

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if there's anything else we can help you with. We're here to help.