Set up service fee

Set up service fee

Set up service fee

SOLVED
Jo_o
I'm a Participant Level 1

Set up service fee

Hi,

I recently received the first bill of my mobile plan and just wonder why the service fee isn't waived as it was communicated by the sales when I apply for the mobile and home internet plan over phone call. Is there anyway I can understand further why the service fee isn't waived? Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: Set up service fee

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @Jo_o,

Welcome to the community!

The only way the fee is waived is when you do the registration yourself on fido.ca, with that being said sometimes they have promotions where they would waive the fee if you do it through a store or customer service with these promotions the fee usually gets credited back on your second or third invoice.

Wait for your third invoice and if the fee is not credited back then I would suggest you contact customer service.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
coolspot
I'm a Contributor Level 2

The setup fee is such a money grab.

If the fee is waived by the agent, you have to call in after your first bill to get it waived.

Total hassle.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @Jo_o,

Welcome to the community!

The only way the fee is waived is when you do the registration yourself on fido.ca, with that being said sometimes they have promotions where they would waive the fee if you do it through a store or customer service with these promotions the fee usually gets credited back on your second or third invoice.

Wait for your third invoice and if the fee is not credited back then I would suggest you contact customer service.